Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Don't know if there are any baseball fans here......

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Zer0Burn75
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:41 am

Who do you hope Wins the World Series?

Red Sox are up 2 - 0 in the series and are going to LA starting tomorrow and they are undefeated on the road.

I am a die hard Sox fan and would love to see them win as I watched most of the team come up through our local Class A affiliate here in SW Virginia.

All opinions welcomed!

Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 0743

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:36 am

Yankees fan .......
Why be a king - when you can be a god
Zer0Burn75
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:50 am

Babyboythegod wrote:
Yankees fan .......
So i assume you are pulling for the Dodgers lol
turk mcgurk
Level 3
Level 3

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:07 pm

GO CUBS GO!

I have to admit after living and dying with the Cubbies every single game for years and years then they finally win a WS in 2016, I've been ok with whatever happens. Shame we didn't make the dance this year (wild card play in game doesnt really count) but 3 NLCS in a row followed by a WC berth is the golden age of Cubs baseball. A full offseason won't hurt either, seems like deep playoff runs have taken a bite outta the team each year. The core is in place and they should continue to compete every year, and that's good enough for me!

Go Red Sox lol
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:44 pm

uggg, brutal 2 nights for 2 diehard dodger fans in my household. i hate to be that guy that tells the professional i could do their job better than them, but i could literally make better decisions than dave roberts right now. he had the nerve to say madsen's been their guy all year, so he had to go with him. i watched every game this year, and madsen wasn't the only choice. the mere fact that 24 hours earlier he debuted on the big stage and couldn't throw a strike to the 1st batter might have been a warning. what does he do after entering with the bases loaded, promptly walks in the tying run. in case you are persusing the forums mr roberts, its baez!!! he's the one that has been nearly unhittable for 2 months straight. he should have stayed in for game 1, and he should have put out that fire last night.
and whats with this feeble all right handed lineup last night? i had to google it to see if david price dominated lefties or something. nope, pretty even splits, with just a slight advantage against lefties. so we sat 2 of our biggest stars because of a few percentage points on a stat sheet. i was 3000 miles away, but i heard the wind was blowing out to right. maybe some lefties might have taken advantage of that doc. end rant.....until tomorrow at least.
Zer0Burn75
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:31 pm

coolhandlewke wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:44 pm
uggg, brutal 2 nights for 2 diehard dodger fans in my household. i hate to be that guy that tells the professional i could do their job better than them, but i could literally make better decisions than dave roberts right now. he had the nerve to say madsen's been their guy all year, so he had to go with him. i watched every game this year, and madsen wasn't the only choice. the mere fact that 24 hours earlier he debuted on the big stage and couldn't throw a strike to the 1st batter might have been a warning. what does he do after entering with the bases loaded, promptly walks in the tying run. in case you are persusing the forums mr roberts, its baez!!! he's the one that has been nearly unhittable for 2 months straight. he should have stayed in for game 1, and he should have put out that fire last night.
and whats with this feeble all right handed lineup last night? i had to google it to see if david price dominated lefties or something. nope, pretty even splits, with just a slight advantage against lefties. so we sat 2 of our biggest stars because of a few percentage points on a stat sheet. i was 3000 miles away, but i heard the wind was blowing out to right. maybe some lefties might have taken advantage of that doc. end rant.....until tomorrow at least.
The problem with Dave Roberts is that he is having to follow a blueprint that his Ivory Tower front office gave him at the beginning of the season. I dont at all expect a sweep unless Betts finds that stride again like he had in the ALCS and ALDS. While yes he is great at stealing a base of 6 we need him to swing sometimes lol.
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:29 pm

i have pretty high hopes for game 3, with our most electric pitcher, vs probably the weakest of your 4 options. just have to win that one to make game 4 count for something.

and i'm not letting doc off the hook.
he's got to have some equity built up after 3 straight deep runs into the playoffs. i think he's paralyzed at the prospect of blazing his own path and failing.
Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6
Discord: 0743

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Zer0Burn75 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:50 am
Babyboythegod wrote:
Yankees fan .......
So i assume you are pulling for the Dodgers lol
In a way yes. I actually kind of like the dodgers, just not a Puig fan. These dodgers are not as likeable as they once were but I still would like to see them win. If the boys in red pull it out, enjoy it. But hopefully Yankees don't decide to leave 50+ men on base in the playoffs.
Why be a king - when you can be a god
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:18 am

Cubbys fan for 20 years! But I'm really hoping Boston continues to beat the crap out of LA. I guess with being such a big hockey fan, I don't like any teams from LA lol.
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:50 pm

More of a NPB fan :p
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic