Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Website calendar?

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Level 6
Level 6
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 9520

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:30 am

Hi peeps,

I was having a general poke around the old website, and it occurred to me that as of yet there is no calendar active for the new site yet.

Now I know absolutely nothing about websites, coding etc... so please be gentle with me if this question is the most idiotic question ever... :)

If a calendar is ever implemented, and given the new functionality of the site, would any calendars be able to support a "create an event" type function for setting up gaming sessions? A guild calendar, if you will, allowing interested parties to sign up to them. Expanding further on that, would there be any apps for smartphones that could integrate into that, making it very easy for all and sundry to see events at a quick glance should they wish?

Would certainly help in co-coordinating sessions, especially with members from far flung corners of the planet as we have on here now.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Sticky :)

x

Switch Friend Code: 2320-9232-4156
3DS Friend Code: 2810-0615-9035 (PM me your code too)
Pokemon Go Trainer Code: 6988-5961-5248
Twitter: @sticky5245

acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:52 am

I would find a calendar super helpful! Then I can work out ahead of an event what the time difference is.

And even if you could sync it with your own personal calendar.
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:28 pm

I definitely think one should be added, what do you think @McMurphy would be super cool and really easy to RSVP to events with the clan.
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
Daarkwind
Level 4
Level 4
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 6497
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:37 am

Would love to have a calendar, would be great to track events, and be able to see meetups and to plan and set up frosty pint nights with different games.
Feel free to add me on Discord: Daarkwind#6497.
TOOTHLESS
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 1682

Games

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:27 pm

Sticky wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:30 am
Hi peeps,

I was having a general poke around the old website, and it occurred to me that as of yet there is no calendar active for the new site yet.

Now I know absolutely nothing about websites, coding etc... so please be gentle with me if this question is the most idiotic question ever... :)

If a calendar is ever implemented, and given the new functionality of the site, would any calendars be able to support a "create an event" type function for setting up gaming sessions? A guild calendar, if you will, allowing interested parties to sign up to them. Expanding further on that, would there be any apps for smartphones that could integrate into that, making it very easy for all and sundry to see events at a quick glance should they wish?

Would certainly help in co-coordinating sessions, especially with members from far flung corners of the planet as we have on here now.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Sticky :)

x
That's sounds like a great idea if it's possible, like you I don't know what it would take for the guys to set it up but it would definitely be a cool idea and super easy to use and organize games and that...
Xbox Live Gametag...GameCarnifex2
Discord...TOOTHLESS #1682
Steam...TOOTHLESS
FELL FREE TO ADD ME AND INVITE
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 pm

A calendar wasn't used often on the old site, but that was a pretty dated version of the feature. I will take a look around & see if anything cool is out there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic