Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Had to do it

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 6965

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Yeah, I think most take the approach of freeing 100 guilty over executing one innocent. There is a risk inherent in blocking any device like this, and still allowing third party controllers and adapters.

Probably they mostly don't care, if your savvy enough to get it working, go for it as far as the companies are concerned. There isn't much risk of it becoming common enough to be an issue, and if it were to, the fix would probably be to just open up KB-Mouse as controller option.

My only drawback is having to move my gaming to a desk.

XBOX: NIK Bass
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:23 pm

I get what you're saying. I much prefer gaming at my desk. Even my xbox is hooked up to my computer just so I can sit and chill. I know it's more comfortable to play in bed/couch.
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6
Discord: 0743

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:20 pm

DrInsan3no wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:33 am
NIK Bass wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:02 am
I got all of that and agree with you.
So I've been doing some research on this little aftermarket tool. Apparently, all the games can block it IF they wanted to. Microsoft can even detect when using it but they don't block it. Some developers do though
I can only guess if you tried to do some not so nice things then they can drop the ban on you. But that's with any form of cheating. This is technically not cheating, some people prefer certain remotes to others. In Sony and MS terms what do you think they rather you do? Spend whatever money toward a device that can let you use a PS / Xbox remote on their system and just give the opposition money for the remote. OR, have you buy and play most/all games on the other platform because you prefer the remote.

Don't know about you but I assume they would rather you play with the other remote on their system then play the other system at all.
Why be a king - when you can be a god
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Babyboythegod wrote:
DrInsan3no wrote:
NIK Bass wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:02 am
I got all of that and agree with you.
So I've been doing some research on this little aftermarket tool. Apparently, all the games can block it IF they wanted to. Microsoft can even detect when using it but they don't block it. Some developers do though
I can only guess if you tried to do some not so nice things then they can drop the ban on you. But that's with any form of cheating. This is technically not cheating, some people prefer certain remotes to others. In Sony and MS terms what do you think they rather you do? Spend whatever money toward a device that can let you use a PS / Xbox remote on their system and just give the opposition money for the remote. OR, have you buy and play most/all games on the other platform because you prefer the remote.

Don't know about you but I assume they would rather you play with the other remote on their system then play the other system at all.
Oh they most definitely would rather you use a different remote rather than playing another system. But what goes to say they wouldn't feel the same way about mouse and keyboard? Would they rather you play with that or stick to PC and not spend any money on any Microsoft/Sony products? Some questions will be answered by the end of the year hopefully.
Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:34 pm

DrInsan3no wrote:
Babyboythegod wrote:
DrInsan3no wrote:

Oh they most definitely would rather you use a different remote rather than playing another system. But what goes to say they wouldn't feel the same way about mouse and keyboard? Would they rather you play with that or stick to PC and not spend any money on any Microsoft/Sony products? Some questions will be answered by the end of the year hopefully.
Pretty sure PS4 allows M&K on some games. Xbox already announced their support for it as well. So yeah- they want you on their systems lol
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:31 am

Babyboythegod wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:34 pm
DrInsan3no wrote:
Babyboythegod wrote:

Pretty sure PS4 allows M&K on some games. Xbox already announced their support for it as well. So yeah- they want you on their systems lol
Yeah Mouse and keyboard is allowed on Sony already, been like that since PS3 I believe.
NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:42 am

Just saw over the weekend that M&K are allowed on some xbox one games already. Fortnite is the one that stood out, as of last week I believe. Much sooner than I'd have thought, but I'm curouse how long FPS will hold off on them, COD, Halo, and the like.

I'm surprised, but since cross play was already there for the games I heard about, you were already competing with Mouse response time, so why not just allow them.

I like it.
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:13 pm

NIK Bass wrote:
Just saw over the weekend that M&K are allowed on some xbox one games already. Fortnite is the one that stood out, as of last week I believe. Much sooner than I'd have thought, but I'm curouse how long FPS will hold off on them, COD, Halo, and the like.

I'm surprised, but since cross play was already there for the games I heard about, you were already competing with Mouse response time, so why not just allow them.

I like it.
Didn't think fortnight had that yet, I tried it a few weeks ago and it didn't work. I'm tempted to try it out again.
Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:44 pm

DrInsan3no wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:13 pm
NIK Bass wrote:

I like it.
Didn't think fortnight had that yet, I tried it a few weeks ago and it didn't work. I'm tempted to try it out again.
Yeah fortnite is good to go on the support. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox- ... 0-6463260/
NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:31 am

Yep, it works. My son had to try it yesterday and it was working really well for him.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic