Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Fallout 76

Clan communications & game discussions for Fallout 76 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:19 am

I just don't want this game to turn into a huge Dark Zone from the Division. Wish Bethesda had gone the old fashioned way and just made an MP or Coop add on like RDR2 is doing..

BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:00 am

Read an article yesterday that already said that modification of the .ini file will provide a speed boost. Supposedly this was present in many of Bethesda other games on the PC as well, personally being on a console hopefully I don't have to deal with that type of issue, but I am sure they will look for some other ways to get an advantage. The ignore feature is a good start, and if you don't fire back you can also fast travel away from people, but having to do that can ruin a game session. If you have to get back to a specific area for a mission you are on, and that same person is still in the area, even though you are not on the minimap, they can still screw with you if they happen to run into you.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:05 am

I agree with you Dunk, a Coop add on would have been great. Maybe once the game is released it won't be too bad. The fact that all they get is the junk/scraps that you are carrying is good in one way, but if they know a specific location has a part they need and they don't want to bother digging through the area to get the parts, they can just wait for someone to leave, kill them and grab it. Not sure that is worth the bounty that would be put on them, but I can see it happening and leading to many frustrating moments.
Battle Hamster
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS5

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:38 am

I'll be on the BETA this Saturday (11/3) at 5pm if you want to run together.
PSN: Battle_Hamster
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:17 pm

The beta times really suck, not sure I will be able to make it on at all during the beta time windows this weekend, they really didn't make it convenient for anyone with kids. Kind of hard to tell my wife that she has to take care of the kids so I can go play some video games (I typically play after I get the youngest ones off to bed at night) - they should have had multiple windows during the day and night to accommodate more people, though guess they really don't care too much about who is playing.
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:13 pm

I think the only way around that would be fore them to add private or custom servers, and i'm not sure that will happen. However if they said they were doing private servers, this game would move up my list in a hurry.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:24 pm

I know that they mentioned private servers were going to come after release, at least for the consoles so I would assume it would be the same for PC.
Battle Hamster
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS5

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:57 am

Understandable. I read they wanted to stress the servers as much as possible by varying the times and length of servers being online. This being the weekend during prime hours should make or break the servers.
PSN: Battle_Hamster
ThrawnBlaze
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 7294
United States of America

Games

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Hey guys I have preordered this for pc and have played the beta and I must say I am really looking forward to playing this game with friends!
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:13 pm

BDNYY23 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:24 pm
I know that they mentioned private servers were going to come after release, at least for the consoles so I would assume it would be the same for PC.
This has peaked my interest a little bit, i will need to know more but if i can do a private server then i'm all for coop fallout :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic