Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Xbox One vs Xbox One X

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Thrasher RP
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:29 am

Okay everyone. Everyone that is a Xbox gamer anyway.

I have the original Xbox One. Nothing is wrong with it, other than the crashing of games out of the blue from time to time. Except on Wildlands. That game no longer will run more than a few minutes without crashing. And all the original things that could of been different from the beginning....

Anyway. For those of you that had the OG Xbox one, and upgraded to the Xbox One X, has much of a difference is there really?
As in how games play, look, and run. How much does games crash. Or lag. (Single player games) I notice on the Xbox one some large games bog down when alot of things happen at once.

How are the graphics different on the Xbox one X, think it says it runs them at 4k, (maybe not true 4k) but are the graphics much better? I just recently went to a 4k Curve Tv, and that alone made the graphics look 10 times better than my 1080p tv so how much better could they get?

I also see some comments saying that online gaming is faster for the X. Like the internet and all can be the exact same but the person on the X will see the enemy faster than the person on the Original Xbox, im not sure if that would be true or not. I have not checked many Specs on the X since I never was really interested in it untill recently.

So is theXbox One X worth the money in a upgrade or is it not much of a diffrence to go and spend the money on it, since my OG One is fine, and just keep it till I have to upgrade? Or till a "NEW" Xbox comes out as in a new generation not just a upgrade version

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 8319

Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:10 am

I’ve owned all the xboxes from the original xb1 then the xb1s and now the xb1x and I can honestly say the xb1x is by far the best console I’ve ever owned. Graphically there’s no comparison. If you compare a game like shadow of war on the xb1s to the xb1x, the x destroys the s by a country mile. Details are richer. Draw distance is farther. Everything looks crisper and the frame rate never falters.

And yes, it’s true 4K. Not upscaled 4K. Some games aren’t running native 4K. Like Battlefront 2 and Battlefield 1. But Red Dead 2 is confirmed to be running native 4K on the X. Shadow of War runs native 4K or you can switch to a lower res and have a better frame rate and better filtering.

Online I haven’t experienced any problems. But then I haven’t experienced any problems on the xb1s either. I do notice the increased frame rate on BF1 and I do find that matches load faster for me which just means that I have to sit at the loading screen while everyone else connects.

Point is if you have a 4K hdr tv and you want a 4K gaming machine that won’t break the bank, then the x is what you want.
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:23 am

I've done a crap ton of research before upgrading my xbox one S to the X here's what I basically used. I highly suggest grabbing the X if you can, the games do render a lot faster then the original Xbox 1. So that does include faster gaming. Does have great resolution as well, highly recommend it if you have any interest in 4K gaming especially once they start coming out with real 4K games.

Xbox One Specs
Xbox One

Xbox One S

Xbox One X

CPU

1.75GHz 8-core AMD custom CPU

1.75GHz 8-core AMD custom CPU

2.3GHz 8-core AMD custom CPU

GPU

Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 853MHz with 1.31 teraflops of performance

Integrated AMD graphics clocked at 914MHz

Integrated AMD graphics with 6 teraflops of performance

RAM

8GB DDR3

8GB DDR3

12GB GDDR5

Storage

500GB (5,400rpm) hard drive, supports external hard drive storage

500GB, 1TB, 2TB (5,400rpm) hard drive options, supports external hard drive storage

1TB hard drive

Dimensions

13.1x10.8x3.1 inches

11.6x8.9x2.5 inches

11.8x9.5x2.4 inches

Weight

7.8 pounds

6.4 pounds

8.4 pounds

Color

Black

Black and white

Black

Optical Drive

Blu-ray/DVD

4K/HDR Blu-ray drive

4K/HDR Blu-ray drive

Networking

Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi A/B/G/N 2.4GHz and 5GHz

Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi A/B/G/N/AC 2.4GHz and 5GHz

Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz

Internet Subscription

Xbox Live required to play online

Ports

Power, HDMI in, HDMI out, 3x USB 3.0, S/PDIF, Kinect port, IR out

Power, HDMI 2.0a in, HDMI 2.0a out, 3x USB 3.0, S/PDIF, IR out

Power, HDMI 2.0a in, HDMI 2.0a out, 3x USB 3.0, S/PDIF, IR out

4K Support

No

Yes (video)

Yes

HDR Support

No

Yes

Yes

Release Date

November 22, 2013

August 2, 2016

November 7, 2017

Release Price

$499.99

$299.99 (500GB), $349.99 (1TB), $399.99 (2TB)

$500 / £449 / AU $649

Current Price

$249.99

$299.99 (500GB), $349.99 (1TB), $399.99 (2TB)

$500 / £449 / AU $649

Source:https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox- ... 0-6456482/
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
turk mcgurk
Level 3
Level 3

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:20 am

From my perspective it comes down to 1 major factor. How hardcore are you about graphics?

The newest games looks absolutely phenomenal on the X. It is a noticeable difference. That's not to say the games don't look fantastic on the OGXB or the S, but they do look better on the X. There are performance improvements, but I notice those minimally.

Do you like watching 4K movies? If you skipped the S that could be reason alone to upgrade. If you are willing to spend $25-$35 for you favorite movies in 4KUHD Blu Ray, thats the best home theater experience there is.

Next question is pretty simple too, do you have the disposable income to invest in the upgrade? With that slick new 4k curved TV, I would be dying to get my hands on the X to get the best out of the TV investment. But if you have to go out of your comfort zone financially to upgrade, then don't do it.
Thrasher RP
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Okay. I am going to have to upgrade soon for sure. My luck ill go out and buy the X and they will announce a new console lol thanks everyone. I have been on the fence about it for awhile now. I wasnt gaming much for about a year and a half but now I am back in harder than ever so guess I should make the upgrades!
Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6
Discord: 0743

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 pm

Thrasher RP wrote:
Okay. I am going to have to upgrade soon for sure. My luck ill go out and buy the X and they will announce a new console lol thanks everyone. I have been on the fence about it for awhile now. I wasnt gaming much for about a year and a half but now I am back in harder than ever so guess I should make the upgrades!
Like everyone said- It is a huge upgrade. Runs smooth, and looks amazing. As for being worried about a new system, I do not think one is releasing in 2019. 2020 on the other hand- I think that's when the new one will release. However if you can get the year / or 2 out of the X that's a lot of amazing games that can be played in that time. Odyssey, RDR2. Don't forget even the backward compact some of those games are upgraded as well to play smoother and look better.

If the new one does come out and you do not feel you are ready to switch then just stay with the X for the extra year. The new one is at least going to be equal to but most likely more powerful then the X. But it will still run the same games, So you can stick with the X until you are ready to move on to the next system.
Why be a king - when you can be a god
NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 6965

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:04 am

If you have the budget and the desire, it's an improvement.
XBOX: NIK Bass
Thrasher RP
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:03 pm

NIK Bass wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:04 am
If you have the budget and the desire, it's an improvement.
With the Black Friday deals it will be hard to pass it up lol
Thrasher RP
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:05 pm

Babyboythegod wrote:
Thrasher RP wrote:
Like everyone said- It is a huge upgrade. Runs smooth, and looks amazing. As for being worried about a new system, I do not think one is releasing in 2019. 2020 on the other hand- I think that's when the new one will release. However if you can get the year / or 2 out of the X that's a lot of amazing games that can be played in that time. Odyssey, RDR2. Don't forget even the backward compact some of those games are upgraded as well to play smoother and look better.

If the new one does come out and you do not feel you are ready to switch then just stay with the X for the extra year. The new one is at least going to be equal to but most likely more powerful then the X. But it will still run the same games, So you can stick with the X until you are ready to move on to the next system.
Yeah If I get the Xbox One X I would stick with it for atleast a year or 2 after a new Console comes out. Since no games will be made upgraded right away for a new stystem. I didnt see any giant improvments in graphics for the Xbox One from 360 for half a year or so. Some minor touch ups but nothing major.
Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6
Discord: 0743

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:14 pm

Thrasher RP wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:05 pm
Babyboythegod wrote:
Thrasher RP wrote:

Yeah If I get the Xbox One X I would stick with it for atleast a year or 2 after a new Console comes out. Since no games will be made upgraded right away for a new stystem. I didnt see any giant improvments in graphics for the Xbox One from 360 for half a year or so. Some minor touch ups but nothing major.
The X was the first mid gen iteration I have ever got. The ps systems never were a huge jump- even the pro is not a major jump. the xbox never were major jumps, but the X.... Huge jump. The one was a good system. The X is an amazing system. Much more powerful and basically was a new gen.
Why be a king - when you can be a god
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic