Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Recent music

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

turk mcgurk
Level 3
Level 3
Main Platform: XboxOne

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:06 pm

Howdy everybody. Just working to gets some good forum posts going so here are a few bands/songs I've discovered recently. I'm a Hard Rock/Metal guy so these suggestions may not be for everyone.

Red Sun Rising: Deathwish, absolutely love this song. Has hints of System of a Down super catchy beat. The album is called Thread and I haven't heard it all yet but I like what I've heard. Their previous album is Polyester Zeal and that album is great too. I hear A Perfect Circle, even some Bon Jovi, its very much sounds like other music yet has a sound of its own.

Ghost BC: Prequelle. The whole album, seriously. Takes a few listens to get a good feel for it. Danse Macbre is excellent and has a very serious 80's vibe across the album. Their previous album Meliora is much heavier but lots of good songs on it too. Square Hammer & Cirice are my faves. There's even a cover of an old Eurthymics on the deluxe edition called Missionary Man

Thrasher RP
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:03 pm

Ghost B.C is a band I found out of thr blue. And liked right away. Also a band called, The Ghost inside. I found them a few years back when I bought there shirt because it looked cool so I looked them up lol.
Green_Man_1975
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:34 pm

I hope this thread gets more replies and suggestions because I slammed on the ear brakes in the 90's, put in reverse and floored it.
Zer0Burn75
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:27 am

I am of course a huge Grateful Dead Fan but I have been branching out in recent months to other types. My step-dad really got me into 5FDP and Bad Wolves and such. I am also an old school Metallica fan. I am definitely looking for more music so I hope this thread gets way more replies!
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:21 am

I Prevail
Buck Cherry
Puddle of Mud
I'm not sure if you would classify these bands as Heavy Rock/Metal but it's definitely worth checking out

When I get home tonight from work I'll take a look in my Itunes libary I know I have a crap ton of music there I can recommend for y'all to check out
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:14 am

I prevail
from ashes to anew
upchurch
hollywood undead
5FDP
Bad Company
those are what i have been listening to recently
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:00 pm

I am a huge 90s rock fan. Funny timing on this topic because I just picked up Tom Morello's first solo album, The Atlas Underground. I first heard some samples of the album on, of all places, my local NPR radio station. Rage Against the Machine was a force, so I happy to pick up his solo work as well.
Roguefrenzy
Level 3
Level 3
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:20 am

I’ve been really into new reggae/reggae fusion so bands like Rebelution, Dirty Heads, SOJA, and Sublime with Rome.

I did start a playlist called “oh yeah!” Filled with late 90’s/early 00’s bands I forgot about like Lit, Eve 6, MEST, and the Gin Blossoms all because I went back to Bowling for Soup.
Level 6
Level 6
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 9520

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Metal head and rocker here myself. More so for the classic stuff myself.

I have all my usual faves in rotation; Alice Cooper, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Diamondhead.

I’m just in the process of getting syched up for a small gig at the end of November to see one of my favourite artists: Tony Wright. For any of he guys in the UK, he was (still is) the frontman for Terrorvision (hit the charts with Tequila and Perseverance back in the 90’s if you’re old enough to remember those).

For the past few years he’s also been knocking out some cr@cking solo stuff. Give “Thought and All” a try for acoustic work, with a personally reflective feel and “Walnut Dash” for more of an electric, Brit rock feel.. He’s always good for catchy lyrics and melodies.

If you want to give Terrovision a try too, go for the albums “How to make friends and influence people” and “Regular Urban Survivors”

Hope you enoy them as much as I do :)
Switch Friend Code: 2320-9232-4156
3DS Friend Code: 2810-0615-9035 (PM me your code too)
Pokemon Go Trainer Code: 6988-5961-5248
Twitter: @sticky5245

NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 6965

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:15 pm

Chris Stapleton is my favorite right now. I like the 90s and classic rock along with my country.

My playlist is divers, Tennessee Ernie Ford and ICP are not often on the same playlist.
XBOX: NIK Bass
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic