Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Red Dead Redemption II

Clan communications & game discussions regarding RDR2 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:50 pm

For those of us getting RDR2 at midnight tonight either from a retail midnight launch or gaining access to digital copies, what are your first impressions of the game? What was the first thing you did? Lastly, would you recommend the game to other people who may be on the fence still?

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:50 pm

For those of us getting RDR2 at midnight tonight either from a retail midnight launch or gaining access to digital copies, what are your first impressions of the game? What was the first thing you did? Lastly, would you recommend the game to other people who may be on the fence still?
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:20 am

i should find out tonight. my last minute decision to preorder and pre-load was thwarted by the huge ps4 file. i was fast asleep by the time it was ready to roll.
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:20 am

i should find out tonight. my last minute decision to preorder and pre-load was thwarted by the huge ps4 file. i was fast asleep by the time it was ready to roll.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 am

Hour into it already and I must say I'm blown away by the game. Graphically, it's just stunning! The drifting snow looks truly amazing. The movement is great, the story so far is engaging (even my wife want me to play it so she can see what happens), couldn't be happier. Game of the year already, I'm calling it now :D Definitely recommend it to others. If you played the first one and enjoyed it, then it's a must play. If you played GTAV, you'll no doubt love it too. Great game. Really great.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 8319

Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:05 am

Hour into it already and I must say I'm blown away by the game. Graphically, it's just stunning! The drifting snow looks truly amazing. The movement is great, the story so far is engaging (even my wife want me to play it so she can see what happens), couldn't be happier. Game of the year already, I'm calling it now :D Definitely recommend it to others. If you played the first one and enjoyed it, then it's a must play. If you played GTAV, you'll no doubt love it too. Great game. Really great.
Green_Man_1975
Level 2
Level 2

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Dinner break. Still in the tutorial. Just tracked and killed a couple of doe. Tracking in the snow was pretty easy visually, cause the graphics are really good. Using the bow seemed really easy. My compadre quipped that it takes a while to master so maybe this was just a formulaic practice. Had to nix a few wild animals from horseback and the controls felt a little loose, but maybe that's just me. I could never shoot well from horseback in Red Dead Redemption anyway. Nice, short opening sequence and lot's of great cinematic shots that blend into play. Feels like a winner.
Green_Man_1975
Level 2
Level 2

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Dinner break. Still in the tutorial. Just tracked and killed a couple of doe. Tracking in the snow was pretty easy visually, cause the graphics are really good. Using the bow seemed really easy. My compadre quipped that it takes a while to master so maybe this was just a formulaic practice. Had to nix a few wild animals from horseback and the controls felt a little loose, but maybe that's just me. I could never shoot well from horseback in Red Dead Redemption anyway. Nice, short opening sequence and lot's of great cinematic shots that blend into play. Feels like a winner.
turk mcgurk
Level 3
Level 3

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:06 am

Loving this game! Spent almost all day Saturday playing.

Stunning graphics, thats the 1st impression. Details are amazing! Travel and overall gameplay is a bit slow, but it's really fun to explore and interact and take your time with. i'll be dumping many many hours into this game.
turk mcgurk
Level 3
Level 3

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:06 am

Loving this game! Spent almost all day Saturday playing.

Stunning graphics, thats the 1st impression. Details are amazing! Travel and overall gameplay is a bit slow, but it's really fun to explore and interact and take your time with. i'll be dumping many many hours into this game.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic