Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

PC game sharing: any way to do this yet?

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:26 pm

I know Steam has game sharing and that’s awesome. In the past I could never fully commit to going full PC since my son plays a lot of the same games I do and being able to share my library with him on Xbox and PS4 just made more sense.

With me in the market for a new PC my old concerns have started rising up again. I’ve got a lot of games on Steam that I can share, but what about Origin? Or Uplay? Or even Epic? And what about the Game Pass? I bought the ultimate version which should transfer over to PC, but are we able to share those games on the PC? Bare in mind that I’m talking about sharing games on one system not multiple PCs. We’d be sharing this computer and would love to be able to share most of the games saved on the hard drive. As always, appreciate any help I can get.

gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:49 am

unforuntly the answer is still no. The only way to do it would be to use the same login info for origin, uplay, epic, etc. I.E. you make an account and buy the games and then your son uses the same account. The one major downside of PC gaming is every user has to own the game themselves (minus steam, should mention that some games on steam still won't be able to share. like gta v or anything that uses uplay. ) the best thing you can do if you don't want to share the same account is wait for sales and buy two copies of each game while on sale. Now epic does give away alot of games for free at the moment so you could play all those together. like right now there is an assassin's creed game for free. The one nice quirk of epic, is if it's a uplay game that you own on epic once you link you uplay account to epic(has to be done for each uplay game you get) you can then just download and play them directly from uplay.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Yeah, that’s what I was afraid of. Is it the same with Microsoft and Game Pass?
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:39 am

yep game pass is tied to a mircosoft account so he would have to play under your microsoft account, now if you got game pass for him as well and you installed the games under your account, he could still use those installs.
godfreymugica
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PS4

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:55 am

I don't think there will ever be an opportunity to share our games. Of course, you can buy games for other users, but this will be considered a gift on Steam or Origin. So you can allow your son to use your Steam accounts if you want. Of course, his achievements earned in your account won't be possible to move to his account. So your son will develop your games and your account in this way. But you can look for some account gaps on https://zumroad.com/game. In the department for geeks on this resource, you'll find some articles about such things. If you want, I can do it for you. Let me know if you find anything about it. I want to share some games with my girlfriend who left for College.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic