Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Borderlands 3

Clan communications & game discussions for Borderlands 3 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Not sure if anyone saw this yet, but you can get your first set of 3 Golden keys if you enter this code zfkj3-tt3bb-jtbjt-t3jjt-jwx9h on the shift.gearboxsoftware.com/rewards website. For some reason it does not work if you try to enter it on the new VIP website, but it will work on the other site listed above.

BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Some more codes for the Diamond Loot Chest - can be redeemed in game or at the website I listed in my previous post

ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5
Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6
HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:49 pm

I already posted these in the other active BL3 Thread, but thought I would start a new one to post Golden Key codes as they become available. Since there are already some for BL3, figured I would start sharing.

Not sure if anyone saw this yet, but you can get your first set of 3 Golden keys if you enter this code zfkj3-tt3bb-jtbjt-t3jjt-jwx9h on the shift.gearboxsoftware.com/rewards website. For some reason it does not work if you try to enter it on the new VIP website, but it will work on the other site listed above.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Some more codes for the Diamond Loot Chest - can be redeemed in game or at the website I listed in my previous post

ZRWBJ-ST6XR-CBFKT-JT3J3-FRXJ5
Z65B3-JCXX6-5JXW3-3B33J-9SWT6
HXKBT-XJ6FR-WBRKJ-J3TTB-RSBHR
DeclinedMaster1
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: Xbox(X/S)
Discord: 2001

Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Thanks for the Codes!
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:17 am

Here are two more codes, I added them at the shift website again but it says you should also be able to add them in game

ZFKJ3-TT6FF-KTFKT-T3JJT-JWX36
9XCBT-WBXFR-5TRWJ-JJJ33-TX53Z
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:58 am

Hope everyone is enjoying the game so far. My only complaint is that I don't have enough time to play, and to make it worse I told my kids that I would wait to continue the story with them and my wife rarely lets them play during the week.

Anyway, figured I would start a thread for any tips and tricks that you guys encounter in the game. This one comes courtesy of Forbes.com, if you are having any issues with the Mantle system, you can adjust the in game settings to make the system work better.

Per the article, in the menu under Accessibility, there’s an option to turn on “Mantle with forward.” As in, if you’re holding down forward, it will mantle you up to a ledge, rather than just using jump to do it, which is supposedly how it normally works.

I just read this and won't be able to try it until tonight, but thought I would pass it on.

Some other things, the option to Tip Moxxi works again, but for me it took about $20-$30k before she gave me a weapon. The weapon appears to be interesting as it has some great perks, but one of them may make it hard to actually use the weapon in battle. I won't give it away, just wanted to let you know that tipping Moxxi does have rewards.

One other thing to note, if you pre-ordered the game, it looks like the pre-order bonus weapons, shields and grenades will level with you. One of the shields only offers bonuses for XP up to level 10, but you can hold off on accepting the weapons until you are higher level and the weapons will be at your current level. I am not sure if there is a cap, I know that I unlocked mine around level 8 and the weapons and shields were level 8, my son waited and tried one last night when he was level 16, and the grenade was level 16. I didn't check to see if the stats changed on his compared to mine.

Don't forget to check your mail, I have been getting a lot of weapons in the mail from the gun manufacturers. You will get a notification that you have received mail, but honestly I didn't see most of them. These weapons will be based on the level you are when you receive the mail. So if you don't check your mail, by the time you do you may be past the level of the weapon and it may not hold as much value. Granted, some of them have actually been a level above my current level, but maybe that is one that I actually caught when received.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:15 am

Alright, had some time with the game, feel I have a pretty good grasp of how it works. Really loving it so far. The reviewers keep complaining that it's just more Borderlands, but that's all I bloody wanted anyway. Glad it's not Destiny. Glad it's not the Division. Glad it's not Warframe. I have those games already, and if I wanted to play them... well, I have BL3 now so I doubt I will be :P

What I really like:
  • It's got nothing to do with the gameplay, but I could watch that intro about a million times :D
  • The guns feel great and shooting them is even better
  • I love how alot of guns have different shooting modes
  • Graphically, it looks absolutely gorgeous, at least on my XB1
  • I love sliding
  • More planets, more vaults, it's all I could ask for
  • I've got a toon for each character and I love love love all their special abilities. No one seems gimped at all
What I don't like
  • No four player local split screen, just two player (means I have to buy another copy of the game so everyone in my house can play
  • Claptrap, his voice, his character, he just seems ridiculous now
  • Small text. I have to sit a couple feet away from my tv just to read anything
  • Sound issues
  • I don't know why but I hate the Lilith overlay. The real life version of her is just plain weird
  • Vehicles feel strange and hard for me to control. I wasn't the best driver to begin with in the others, so I'm not the best judge of it here
Anyway, that's my first impressions. Alot of the things I don't like are either cosmetic or things that can be patched, so here's hoping. What's everyone eleses thoughts?
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:49 am

I couldn't agree with you more about the Lilith cutscenes. I would have much rather seen a cell-shaded animation rather than the actress that they used, I mean what's with that smile anyway. Otherwise they should have gotten one of the cosplay characters that actually look like Lilith to do the cutscene.

As for vehicles, I had to change the control settings, couldn't use the control stick for gas and brakes, had to change to R1 and R2 for driving which helped me. My frustration is that I am driving a damn off-road vehicle yet the smallest rock or obstacle stops the car completely in its tracks.

I haven't played the local split-screen yet, but my two younger boys have played that way and then I joined them from our second PS4. Luckily they did not have any issues that I have been reading about, where split screen was basically unplayable for many as the lag became unbearable. I remember playing the earlier BL games on local split screen with 3 of us and could hardly see anything while playing on a 65" screen tv, so I don't miss it, but I do see the advantage of having it. When you say that you have to buy a second copy, do you have 2 XBox systems, if so you know you can share digital copies of the games between systems so that you only have to buy one copy.

Otherwise, I am really enjoying the game. My biggest complaint has nothing to do with the game itself, it is that I told my kids that I would not go ahead of them and my wife is not letting them play VG's during the week now that school is back. Instead, I have been farming the early Legendary spots and completing challenges until the weekend.

Some of my comments -
I will be honest, I love all of the loot and always have with BL games and other loot based games, but I get attached to weapons and shields and don't change and try out new ones as often as I should. I have not learned that stats of weapons alone should be considered, sometimes the bonus of the item make a significant difference and can't be determined until the item is used. I think I was using a level 12 auto rifle until I was level 20 :o Didn't switch until I found an updated version of the same gun :D

Mantle is a great addition, but does not always work as well as it should and sometimes it looks like you should be able to mantle but can't. I know some areas that you can mantle to are marked, but other times it is not as obvious as to what you can or can't jump onto.

Sliding works well and now I find myself using that instead of sprint to run around. If you press the sprint button mid slide and then hit slide again you can virtually stay sliding the entire time. It does speed things up a bit, just looks a little strange.

By completing the side missions as they come up it appears that I have stayed at the appropriate level and have not had any significant issues with any of the bosses. Even Killavolt didn't cause the issues that most reviews complained about, but I can understand if you tried to fight him when under leveled what a headache he would have been.

I know that they compare BL to Destiny and the Division and I do wish that BL would have come up with some type of Raid similar to Destiny that required a group to work together to get through. I hope the end game content is enough to keep me coming back as I definitely do not have as much time in the previous games as Dunk did.

Hope to get in some game time with fellow GSers soon. Once I complete at least one play through with my son I will have more availability and not feel bad about actually playing the game.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:44 am

This one is supposed to be good until Tuesday 9/24 at Midnight CT, but not sure if it will still work for you

CHKB3-FJT9J-SK3K5-T33JJ-95J56

Sorry, missed sending out the last few as they were all limited-time keys. I will try to send them out as I see them, just don't always have access/availability. I just barely caught a couple of them as they were only good for a couple of hours after they were issued.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic