Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Borderlands 3

Clan communications & game discussions for Borderlands 3 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:46 pm

I don't know about the rest of you but I've been looking forward to B3 for a veeeeeerrrrrrry long time. I've played the other three probably more than any other game ever! Best loot shooter ever. Maybe even best shooter ever, I dunno. I don't care! This is the game I've wanted for years now and it's finally got a trailer. I'm super excited. More than words can say. Preordering as soon as I can and playing the shit out of it for years to come!!!

Faustus
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 8253

Games

Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:33 am

That reveal at Pax was so painful to watch. I'm skeptical that Gearbox will but out a polished product after experiencing that presentation fiasco.

That being said, i've not played their previous games, but hearing you and other passionate fans rave about the replay-ability of 1 and 2, maybe i'll give them a try before i hold in contempt before investigation.

Currently Playing Battlefield V on PS4
Looking to start Outward on PS4
PSN = Faustus2
Interests = Family, Reading Fantasy/Sci-Fi, Gardening, Writing, Surfing, Camping, Meditation, Dallas Cowboys Football, NY Islanders Hockey.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 8319

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:35 pm

Yeah, the Pax thing was a disaster. Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT base your opinions about Borderlands solely on this presentation. Thank god for a youtube trailer that works :D

If you haven't played the first ones, I'd strongly suggest going and playing them right now! They're about as close to gaming greatness as it gets! Gearbox has absolutely zero presentation skills when it comes to live reveals, but the borderlands games are simply amazing. Hell, I'd even take the presequel (the worst of the series IMHO) over 90% of the loot shooters out today.
fakehugs
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 2323
Canada

Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:55 pm

I just started playing the second one and I finally see what the hype is about. That game has set the bar high. The rumour is that it'll be released in September?
Doee Kathryn
Level 4
Level 4
Discord: 0666
United States of America

Games

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:32 pm

YES. I literally played Borderlands for the first time yesterday. My friends needed a 4th to play through GOTY edition. I'm 100% hooked.
I remember when it first came out, I thought the trailer looked so punk and awesome. Better late than never. Also I am preordering 3 ASAP!!!
I create sub-par humourous Fortnite (mostly) content just for fun. I like making people laugh :)
http://instagram.com/digitaldoee
Doee Kathryn
Level 4
Level 4
Discord: 0666
United States of America

Games

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Gonna be making a montage from my friends stream of all the times he had to revive me. I derp so hard.
I create sub-par humourous Fortnite (mostly) content just for fun. I like making people laugh :)
http://instagram.com/digitaldoee
Valdiyen
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 4834

Games

Sat May 04, 2019 7:22 am

I played a bit of the first one and found it good, but definitely a game you need a friend or friends to play with, makes it much more fun. I'll have to add this new one to my wish list. :)
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon May 06, 2019 9:10 am

Will definitely be preordering on the PS4, look forward to playing alongside any other GSers that decide to pick it up. Only 4 months to wait, at least I have BFV to keep me busy until then ;)
Fynvarrah
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Discord: 4058
United States of America

Sat May 25, 2019 8:45 am

I'm definitely getting Boarderlands 3.
So excited! I loved all the other ones and had an awesome time playing thru them with fellow GS.
Definitely a preorder. :D
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Just over a week till this game drops and still nobody discussing it here. Oh well, guess that is what I am for ;)

I have preordered the Super Deluxe Edition on the PS4 and can't wait to start playing and unless they completely screwed up the game I figure I will be playing all of the DLC. Now I just have to figure out which toon I want to run first. At this point, I figure I will probably be working on one each of Fl4k, Moze and Zane, one to play through the campaign with one of my older sons, another to play my two younger boys and then one to play with fellow GSers. Of course this is the current plan, but depending on time I may have to scrap one. I think I am looking forward to Fl4k and Moze the most, but not sure which I will focus on the most.

I am really looking forward to some of the changes to the game like separate loot instances and lost gear showing up in the base, just not sure if that means any gear you don't pick up or only those that drop where they can't be picked up. Also, like the fact that enemies and gear will be at your level even if you drop in to help out someone at a lower level, or someone at a higher level is willing to take you along for some missions.

What toon is everyone else looking forward to playing? What are your thoughts regarding the shared loot vs. separate loot instances (maybe you are one of the loot ninjas that always ran off with the top loot)? Anyone planning to play on the PS4, let me know and I will make sure that I have you added to my friend list.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic