Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Anthem

Clan communications & game discussions for Anthem here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

yukongil
Level 4
Level 4
Main Platform: PS4

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:44 pm

so I decided to play a little bit this morning before getting ready for work, and man have I already been spoiled! Group of randoms immediately take off, bypassing numerous material drops and even two chests! We get to a scar camp and they run around and get themselves all stoved up, so I fly around and rez them all and continue the fight. A few moments later, they are all down again, so I break off and raise them again. I finally catch a missile barrage from an enemy lancer and go down...and all three of those mothercluckers run right by me multiple times while trying to kill the dude...but if the earlier depictions of them being constantly rez'd didn't clue you in, they suck and all die again, causing us to have to respawn and try the whole thing over again...this happened two more times in the same area. If I hadn't been pressed for time afterwards, I'd have messaged them some rather unsavory words of wisdom concerning their "playstyles".

Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11
Discord: 9190

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:50 pm

The Anonymity of certain game modes really does seem to bring out the worst. I'm not sure if its the expectation of never seeing these people again or the fact that these are the people that don't have friends (& all that implies) . Either way it comes down to "its good to have friends"
WhiskeyShard
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: XboxOne

Games

Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:15 am

Throwing my lot in with everyone here! I'm generally on weeknights are hard to jump in, but most weekends are free.
akteon
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Games

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:47 pm

I've been playing Anthem a lot lately - East Coast, but normally just in the mornings or during the day so probably not when a lot of you are on, but I went ahead and added everyone in this thread anyway.
Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:29 am

As with all theories they often lead to failures in the Experimentation phase :) At present there does not seem to be enough interest in this to maintain it. My plan is to close the channel starting Monday. If you have any unexpressed interest in this, just let me know here or on the channel. If interest is actually there ill reconsider.
Korchie
Level 5
Level 5
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 9370
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:44 pm

I just picked up this game :)
Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11

Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:15 pm

Don't get me wrong Korchie, we are all still playing the game with zeal! There are many of us playing on PS4 & i'd be happy to group up to blast some outlaws :).
tmdrae80
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Nice! Now that I found out about it, I'll see what that is my time zone and try to be hanging around when I'm off of work!
Yorick
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Games

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:00 am

I came here for Anthem. I added those on the xb1 anthem master list. An xb1 club would be useful!

I’ve been thinking on strongholds. There’s a really interesting video on a gm3 clear of the Titan mine. It took them 3 hours and an interceptor Dps build made it possible to complete.

They didn’t have a storm. Yikes. What I’m theorizing on right now is a storm with lightning for popping shields and priming, a collossus who can apply ice via masterworks, and two single target dps builds, quite possibly these:

I am looking forward to playing with you, and trying a stronghold!
BwA Blitz
Level 2
Level 2

Games

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:59 am

I started off with Ranger but the first couple of Materworks I got (Elemental Rage and Avenging Herald) seemed taylor made for Storm so I switched. I made a gear-focused build with frost shards and lightning strike equipped so I can prime and detonate combos. I don't know if it's a glitch or a product of the mods and inscriptions I have but I have infinite frost shards, great for suppressing unshielded trash mobs. I have only played with randoms so far but please feel free to add me. I think a lot of this game would be infinitely easier and more fun with a full team on mic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic