Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Battlefield - Franchise Discussion, Good Games, & Clan Info

Clan communications & game discussions for Battlefield games here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:53 am

That’s one thing I need to work on for sure. The hip fire. I used to do it all the time but I think old age and other games have made me forget how to use it.

coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:38 pm

yes, give us rush now! in the bad company days that mode was so intense, even if you could cheese it by tank sniping buildings or flying drones in loaded with plastique.
rambleon67
Level 2
Level 2
Discord: 3584

Games

Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:58 pm

The one thing that strikes me about Combined Arms - maybe people can focus their assignment work in there rather than doing it in PVP so everyone can focus on playing the objectives. Some assignments can't be done in CA but an awful lot of 'em can.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:18 am

Hey Stickler, not sure if you added me, but I am playing on the PS4. I rarely play TDM, but play most of the other modes, lately I have been focusing on completing the weekly Tides of War content so if you see me on and want to work through any of that feel free to send me an invite. My game time has been cut quite a bit for the next couple months, but I will try to get on a couple weeknights and at least one weekend night. See you out there
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:12 am

Unfortunately, I have not tried it out yet, but then again other then the initial SP content you play when you first load the game, I have not played any of the SP. Takes away from my time in MP, so hearing that I am not missing much by skipping this is actually a good thing.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:18 am

ok, so how do you hip fire these things. I can't hit anything when I hip fire, but I watch YT videos and they can hip fire and hit enemies 100 meters out (obviously I am exaggerating, but not much ;) ) I have been trying the M1922 and the MG42 lately, but I just have not been having as much success with it as I do with the VGO. I know the VGO shoots slower, but I would think once the bipod is deployed they would both lock on.

So if you have any tips for hip firing these MMGs or even tips for running both the M1922 and MG42, let me know.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:31 am

I've been playing more assault lately and have been running mostly with the MAS 44 and have been enjoying that. Granted I never gave the M1A1 a shot so I may go back and try that, but these really remind me of the medic BF1 weapons which were probably my favorites.

The STG 44 is also a really good gun, and the ribeyerolles is really good as well. I have been trying to use the PIAT lately, but the drop has been horible and I had switched back to the Panzer. I just did a google search and found out that I can use it like a mortar and it will mark where I will hit, I may go back and give it another shot.
rambleon67
Level 2
Level 2
Discord: 3584

Games

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Yeah - it's a bit of a desperation move at times. As long as you are aware when you are in close quarters and it is likely to be needed and somehow stop the aim-down-sights reflex it gets easier. If I think about it - I probably look like I start in someone's general direction then kind of spiral around until they are dead (or I am). It's purely an up close play. If you are mid-range then as long as you are moving carefully and paying attention to where and when to set up on the bipod you should be ok and not need to hip fire. The people doing long-range stuff are some sort of hip fire savants and I try not to model their play style otherwise I am signing up for a zero kill round.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 am

Maybe that is my issue, I have to avoid hitting the ADS. Will have to try that. I understand that with this weapon that I should be taking more of a defensive play style, but when you have to advance to capture the next point and encounter someone along the way, you sometimes can't get the bipod deployed. I typically try to keep my sidearm equipped while running, but sometimes I forget, it happens ;)
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 8319

Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:40 am

I usually end up switching to support when my team is kicking ass and holding down flags particularly on maps like fjell 652 or Twisted Steel. I find that if I start as support and we suck balls I’m just running around getting out gunned by assault players.

Which is weird because in Bad Company, BF3 and 4, I was able to run support no matter the situation. Just feels different here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic