Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Headphone recommendations

Looking for headset recommendations for Xbox. Wired or wireless

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Roguefrenzy
Level 3
Level 3
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:59 am

I just got a pair of HyperX Cloud Revolver S and love them so far. I wanted something wired so I wasn’t constantly recharging them and it easily connects to both my Xbox and PS4. I was told I I sound much clearer when talking and I can hear so much better. Both help a lot with the amount of Siege I play haha.

BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:55 am

Not sure how good this model is, but Amazon and BestBuy have the HyperX - Cloud II Pro Wired Gaming Headset on sale today for $69.99
The13thMonkey
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PC

Games

Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:02 pm

More of a wired headset user...

I've tried:

* Astro A40s - luvd the mixamp and the headset itself was decent... until it died on me. This was on 360 and I ended up replacing the headset with the Sennheiser PC350s (legit amazing headset that I really wish I'd kept hold of tbh). I've since tried another pair of A40s plugged directly into the Xbox One controller and I wasn't feeling it tbh (sound was very tinny).

* Astro A10s - Not bad for a budget headset but wasn't feeling the build. The sound was actually better than the pair of A40s I tried with the XB1 but that may have been a fault with the A40s.

* Plantronics RIG - I actually really liked this headset. With the XB1 I again ignored the mixamp and plugged them directly into the controller. I was impressed by the sound quality and was able to pick out directional game sounds (stereo but it was decent enough to take me to the Lighthouse each week in D1). TBH I probably would have kept this headset if the next solution didn't work out as well as it did.

* Audio Technica M50x & Antlion Mod Mic - The M50x is a legit audio headset (studio monitors used by many musicians, podcasters etc). They are my go to over ear headphones for music & movies and I wanted to be able to use them for gaming too. This is where the Mod Mic comes into play - its a decent boom mic that attaches to the side of any headphones (this is done via a magnetic attachment so you can remove it when you're not gaming). If you have a pair of decent headphones already then I'd seriously suggest checking out the mod mic as an option. My only gripe with it is the length of the cable - at 3.3 meters there's gonna be a lot of slack (I ended up folding it up and coiling it around the M50x cable). There is a version with a swappable cable but when I tried this everyone complained of the mic quality).

* HyperX CloudX - Which brings me to my current headset. Honestly I can't say enough good things about this headset. Although I luv my M50x they are studio monitors and not a gaming headset. The hyperx cloud x has a decent build quality and nice full sound that better suited for gaming (decent stereo pan directional sound but with enough bass punch to allow you to enjoy your game sound fully). No complains with the mic either - teammates can hear you clearly and the provided foam wind shield prevents any popping/breathing the sensitive mic could pick up. Inline controls aren't the best but I use a xb1 chat adaptor to control my mute, volume and chatmix. The headset does come with 2 pairs of earpads (one leatherette, one velvet) which a decent but I found them to be a bit shallow so I changed them for a pair of Brainwavz earpads.

Anyways, I hope this helps a bit - sorry its a long af reply but I went on a bit of a rant there
GunslingerCoot
Rank 14
Rank 14
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 6590

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:30 pm

My puppy ended up eating the mic on my TB 50's which were decent to chat but the sound quality wasn't the best. I spent $99 on the TB 600's. Talk about a huge difference in sound. Absolutely love the sound. Love the fact that they are wireless and has a flip up mic that mutes the chat. For under $100...best money I've spent all year.
Add me.......... my GT is........GunslingerCoot ......... Xbox1 8-)
Discord is...GunslingerCoot #6590 ;)

Feel free to add and Invite me when I'm online

Current games I'm Playing;
BFV
GTA5
COD CW
any COD
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:44 am

Anyone looking for a good wireless headset, if you sign up for a free account with Steelseries you can pick up the Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless headset for $104 (also comes with a free carrying bag) directly from Steelseries. You can use these wirelessly for PC, PS4 and Switch, for Xbox and others you can use the 3.5mm connection. Here is a link to steelseries sit for more details https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets ... UcQAvD_BwE
[COBRA]Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:02 am

Do you have to have the official headset jack thing that plugs into the controller to use a nice head set?
Griz
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 9077

Games

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:38 pm

[COBRA]Engineer wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:02 am
Do you have to have the official headset jack thing that plugs into the controller to use a nice head set?
From what I understand, if you use wired headsets, yes. But if you use a wireless pair, no. I have just picked up the new Lucid Sound LS35X that are wireless, have been made especially for XBOX One and can even be used on PC. These have Dolby Atmos and Windows sonic capability and are extremely well made and comfortable to wear. The sound is phenomenal, you hear everything.

The best thing is they sync to your XBOX just like your wireless controller, no adaptor needed.
[COBRA]Engineer
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:30 am

Thanks @Griz, I got a Turtle Beach Steath 600 yesterday because it connects directly to my Xbox wirelessly. Tested them out a bit and the sound is good. Syncing to the Xbox is an amazing feature.
Grimsta
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:14 pm

It's a little late but I love my Astro A40s.
Xbox GT: Grimsta
Roguefrenzy
Level 3
Level 3
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:12 am

After using my Hyperx cloud headset all winter, I love them. It’s easy to switch from my PS4 to my Xboxone in another room and it’s aleays good clear sound. My only complaint is that if I have them on I cannot stand up and walk around, even changing a disk for a new game, because the cord is that fabric cord and it sends static shock to my left ear. On my PS4 it’s even worse and the first couple times I got up to switch games it shocked so bad it turned the headset off and I had to disconnect and reconnect the USB. Now I know to just take them off and set them next to me when I switch games or grab a drink from the fridge right nearby.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic