Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Destiny 2

Clan communications, in-clan info, & game discussion for Destiny 2 within.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Khalinaar
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PC

Games

Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:24 am

The Destiny 2 PC clan is already 100/100 - but the second one has only 8 or 9 members. We should get them organized a bit by time zones for example - so we have mates online most of the time =)

shrike
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 0064

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:18 am

@Khalinaar - I do not disagree with you at all on 'getting them organzied'. The problem is the way Bungie has them set up. Any one account can be a member of only a single bungie Destiny 2 clan. An admin of a clan has only 4 options available as an admin - 1) invite user to clan, 2) accept/decline a request to join, 3) promote to admin/founder, 4) kick user from clan.

There is no option to 'transfer' a user. Add to that the fact that (at least on the XBox side, where I am an admin) we admins rarely, if ever, get responses to communications we send out to members. If a member is active in the clan chat, things can be possibly arranged, but typically we only have about a dozen people active in the chat at any one time - and our clan is full currently, and 82 out of the 100 members have played in the last 2 weeks...

So how to 'transfer' a user? We open to ideas. The whole issue would be moot if Bungie allowed more than 100 people in an in-game clan. But we are stuck at 100 people, so ¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If we simply kick half the people out of the clan and send them a 'message' to request to join the second one, many will not even get the message and then wonder why they got kicked and there will be hard feelings. If we kick them from one and send an invite to the second, the second will be (on the backend - see my post above) considered half full but not really have anyone in it (in our experience most people don't even see the invites we send to the clan)

So it's quite a logic puzzle - how to get part of a full clan to a second clan with Bungie's limited toolset and without the members getting upset for getting 'kicked' when we did not mean to kick them at all but simply even out the membership.

What we DO do in the clans - what we can do - is use my tool I created that shows when people have last played Destiny 2, and if someone hasn't played for around 60 days we start sending notices to them asking if they are done with D2 or if they intend to come back. Some say they will be back, so we leave them be. Some report they have moved onto new games, and we kick them from the clan to make room for new members. Some don't reply at all, and after a wait of a few more days/weeks we will just kick them with a note that they are welcome to re-join if they start playing again. It does nothing to help balance out the clans, but it does at least keep the 'full' clan from being full of people that don't play anymore.

So, considering all of the above - how the Bungie clans work and the limited options at our disposal - if anyone has ideas on how to do it better, PM me (or reply here) and let me know! We are always looking for ways to do it better!
Admin of Destiny Gunslingers XB1 Clan on Bungie.net

=======================

"Never tell me the odds." -Han Solo
shrike
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 0064

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:23 am

@Ike - see the stickied post here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=689 if you are already on the masterlist, then excellent! skip to the part where you pick the clan, find it on Bungie's site, and click the "request to join" button! 😎👍
Admin of Destiny Gunslingers XB1 Clan on Bungie.net

=======================

"Never tell me the odds." -Han Solo
Khalinaar
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:59 am

Hmm. Membership is already tied to the master list here, the "in-game" clans are basically just extensions of the Gunslinger "word-clan" so we could theoretically do a mock-up here (like a more detailed master list), and then create the clans in any game according to it. Most of us here aren't kids looking for a cool clan tag and bragging rights, but mates I can count on to play with. It might require a bit more work on the members part, but hey, most of us can fill a tax report without problem ... so I think we can handle a few extra forum clicks.

In the case of Bungie games 100 member limit, the mock-up can include timezone (and maybe attendance too?) so people see more members online from the get go. I don't mean "dragon points" and daily tasks for members but if someone knows he will only play on the weekends it might be logical to be in the sub clan for the weekend players so the moment he comes online there is a fireteam waiting. In Destiny2 we have clan quests you can only finish with clan mates, so it makes more sense playing together.

The second PC clan is still level 2 so it wont even be a big loss if we disband it to make a brand new one with clear naming on the main and sub clans like US/EU to differentiate. It lists 38 members on the site - and EIGHT in-game ... =/
Khalinaar
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:40 am

As the second clan is only building up, we can't do any raids - can anyone in the main clan spread the word around that we need help (in the EU time-zone)?
Drop me a msg here, or in game, so we can coordinate a bit.
Sunny
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 8802

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:24 am

Hello!

Just picked up the whole game a couple of nights ago and wanted to see if anyone was interested in doing the refer a friend thing with me. I'm on for a few hours every evening/night EST here in Ontario, Canada. I'll post up on the clan page too just in case no one sees this.

Thanks,
Sunny
Sunny
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 8802

Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:49 am

That was fast! Found someone, thanks all :D :D :D
nigilzilla
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 1358

Games

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:07 pm

I applied on Bungie for the new pc clan. Can someone please accept my invite? I'd love to start running with the group more.
jtwizzy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Games

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Please send an invite, to the PC destiny 2 clan. Would be great to run with some groups.
Irate
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:02 pm

I can’t carry you anywhere lol but I’d be willing to grind at it with you. Comp solo is terrible. Pretty much why I joined this site as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic