Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Battlefield - Franchise Discussion, Good Games, & Clan Info

Clan communications & game discussions for Battlefield games here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:20 am

I have been enjoying the game since release, my biggest issue is the lack of fellow GSers playing so I am running around solo or with randoms. Other than that I have really been enjoying the game and have not encountered the issues you have encountered. The biggest issued that I had was getting stuck in death screen after having the person reviving me get killed just as I was almost completely revived causing me to get stuck in the death screen with my only option being to force close the game (granted this was the first week of the game releasing).

Other than that, my biggest gripe is getting killed by someone that appears to one shot kill me when I am unloading on them and getting hit markers on them yet they turn fire once and I am dead. I don't typically change weapons mid game, especially not trying new unlocks mid game, so I have not encountered any of those issues.

I will stress that I am not the best at these games, for every 50/20 round I have
(occurring more lately thanks to you Christmas Noobs ;) ), I balance those out with a 12/15 round. Typically I am positive in the K/D, but I expect to have rounds where I go negative. I play the objective, try to resupply and revive teammates, but hope to kill at least one enemy each time I spawn before I die. I know those BF3 and BF4 players that were used to jumping into a tank and going 60/10 are upset that they can't do that in the newer games (BF1 and BFV), the only OP vehicle that I have seen in this game is if you are a good pilot you can dominate. Since I suck at flying and driving vehicles this does not affect me, I miss being able to jump in and repair the vehicles for the drivers while getting some kills in the process - other than that my boots are on the ground.

Hopefully they will get your bugs figured out, maybe it is just the fact that you are playing on the XBox and you need to come back to the PS4 ;)

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:30 am

Haha yeah maybe. Regarding the medic: is there a way to stop reviving mid revive? Last night I was going in for the revive, certain no one was around. I pressed the revive button just as I noticed an enemy coming through the door and blam! Would’ve been nice to stop the animation so I could have fired back.

And I agree. The total lack of GS players makes it kinda sad. Randoms have no clue what they’re doing.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:44 am

Yes, you can stop the revive by pressing the same button that starts the revive. On PS4 I believe it is the square button. I know you can stop it as I have done it way too many times on accident when I run over to revive and press square, if I don't see the revive animation start up immediately I start to spam the button only to watch the animation finally start and then stop. It is either that or I run over to start the revive only to pick up the weapon of the downed player (really hate that when it is a sniper rifle, though I can only imagine what the recon player is thinking when they now have to try to use a MMG ;) )
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:46 am

On a side note, I do love the feature in BF1 and BFV that at least when playing with randoms if the squad leader is not marking objectives that you can become squad leader by simply requesting orders. If they don't issue an order within a minute or two you become the leader.
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:07 pm

i just got my ps4 copy from gamestop on monday, at my target price of $30. i'll look to join in on 1 of you 2 guys soon. as far as the game goes i'm loving it. the glitches don't seem any worse than i remember from previous bf releases.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:14 pm

I’m on Xbox, just to clarify :)

I had the best match ever last night, even though I lost. Came in first, best medic, most flag captures, most defensive kills, levelled my mp40 up to level 6 all the way from level 2. Everything just felt right. Love the devestation map. My new fave.
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:25 pm

dunkaroo69 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:14 pm
I’m on Xbox, just to clarify :)

I had the best match ever last night, even though I lost. Came in first, best medic, most flag captures, most defensive kills, levelled my mp40 up to level 6 all the way from level 2. Everything just felt right. Love the devestation map. My new fave.
yep, i've got it on both consoles now. i love those games when everything feels dialed in. usually its right about when i have to quit for bed.
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:31 pm

i've been rolling with the sten so far, but will be branching out soon. my problem with the assault class is the default rocket launcher. its like trying to take down rhinos with a slingshot. even worse is the lack of splash damage against ground pounders. it seems very broken.
Dosone
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PC

Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Hello all,
I am currently playing Bf 5 on Pc and am looking for clan mates to squad up with.
Xmas noobs abound and I need some team members to ptfo!
Dosone1975 on Origin.
Semper Fidelis
Y2KMC
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 6447
Wales

Games

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:48 am

I will check these guys out. Cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic