Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Battlefield - Franchise Discussion, Good Games, & Clan Info

Clan communications & game discussions for Battlefield games here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Sobchak
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 1395
Canada

Games

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am

I've been rocking the m1a1 with a 3x scope and it's proven to be my bread and butter. Slowly bringing my kdr up with this loadout. That and the anti tank equipment makes this build very effective.

The sten so far is the best weapon for the medic, which sucks cause I was looking forward to the mp40 but it's stats compared to the sten are crap.

WilyWolverine
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: XboxOne

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:16 am

Given the huge outcry over Dice's recent change to the time to kill (TTK) model increasing the TTK, I'm curious what my fellow Gunslingers think of the change and which TTK model you prefer. Please post your comments below.

I prefer the new TTK as I think it allows for more aggressive (reckless?) play which is my preferred playstyle. However I think Dice needs to properly balance a number of weapons. I'd like to see buffs to medic weapons and nerfs to bipod LMGs. What do you all think?
WilyWolverine

Add me on Xbox One. GT is WilyWolverine.
WilyWolverine
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:27 am

I like the Sturmgewehr 15 with a reflex sight for close quarters fighting, the m1A1 with a 3x scope for medium range gunfights, and the gewehr 43 with a 3x scope for long range engagements.

The SG 15 is great for spraying down enemies up close and personal but is difficult to control. The m1a1 is super accurate has hardly any recoil and allows for rapid trigger spamming. And the Gewehr 43 is really accurate and packs a punch if you can control the recoil.

All 3 are fun to use and very effective in the appropriate situation in my opinion.
WilyWolverine

BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Definitely would like a buff to the Medic SMGs. As for bipod LMG's, they are already at a disadvantage as you have to deploy the bipod to use most of them, the KE7 was already nerfed (and the MMG's are useless without the bipod). Granted once you deploy them properly they can be deadly, so for campers they work well, but in order to get from point A to B, you have to rely on your sidearm if you encounter anyone. I have been enjoying the VGO, though I get into too much trouble running to a point to cap it and run into an enemy, hip firing is completely useless and it takes way too much time to deploy the bipod.

As for the TTK, I only played a couple days since the change and didn't really notice much of a change. I did notice the single hit kill bug happened to me quite often where it just showed the enemy fire once and I was dead. Also, did they make a change to the Doritos popping up on the minimap, this past week I was looking on the minimap and enemies were not popping up like they used to, wasn't sure if something changed by Bungie or if I messed something up in my settings.

I still enjoy the game and whatever it takes to keep the most people playing works best for me. I wish that the last few BF games had the same GS following that BF3 and even BF4 did. Most nights we had almost a full team (or at least multiple squads) of GSers running in those games
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:56 am

i just started playing yesterday, and didn't notice anything i couldn't live with. they went with the quick ttk in medal of honor:warfighter, and it made the game unenjoyable for me.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:41 pm

They just said today that they are changing the ttk back, sounds like it is more of a ttd issue that they are having where on your screen it shows you are one shot and killed.
acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:15 pm

I honestly had not noticed any difference.

I agree that the medic SMG's need to be slightly buffed.

The TTK stuff is only as good as your team mates tho. The number of times I have had a medic standing near me to let me die is rather frustrating.
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
Ichabod97
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: Switch

Games

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:58 pm

Just picked the game up and have been playing some. Don't get online a bunch, but I normally play late afternoons.

Psn: Ichabod97
Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:44 pm

BDNYY23 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:05 pm
Definitely would like a buff to the Medic SMGs. As for bipod LMG's, they are already at a disadvantage as you have to deploy the bipod to use most of them, the KE7 was already nerfed (and the MMG's are useless without the bipod). Granted once you deploy them properly they can be deadly, so for campers they work well, but in order to get from point A to B, you have to rely on your sidearm if you encounter anyone. I have been enjoying the VGO, though I get into too much trouble running to a point to cap it and run into an enemy, hip firing is completely useless and it takes way too much time to deploy the bipod.

As for the TTK, I only played a couple days since the change and didn't really notice much of a change. I did notice the single hit kill bug happened to me quite often where it just showed the enemy fire once and I was dead. Also, did they make a change to the Doritos popping up on the minimap, this past week I was looking on the minimap and enemies were not popping up like they used to, wasn't sure if something changed by Bungie or if I messed something up in my settings.

I still enjoy the game and whatever it takes to keep the most people playing works best for me. I wish that the last few BF games had the same GS following that BF3 and even BF4 did. Most nights we had almost a full team (or at least multiple squads) of GSers running in those games

Those BF3 days were fun. Unfortunately, for me, those were the peak days of the franchise. I have Battlefield V but just can't really get into it. Granted Red Dead is taking most of my gaming time, it isn't without flaws as well. But even with the flaws it's still more interesting to me than Battlefield V. I actually even prefer Battlefield 1 to this latest edition. Not to bag on the game at all, I just find less interest in it mostly due to the fact that they keep getting smaller and smaller with the maps, fewer and fewer vehicles, and they only put me in two, maybe three different maps for conquest games. Unfortunately I feel the franchise has regressed. And the sad part is that at least 6 GSers I game with all the time have the game, and haven't even taken the time to load it and play for one minute. I know that several of us plan on maybe getting some games in with it along with the Christmas noobs, but we all just felt a little underwhelmed with the beta, and the small bit I've played hasn't helped my impressions.
WilyWolverine
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:16 am

Who is your favorite BFV streamer and/or YouTuber and why do you like them?

My favorite is TheBrokenMachine. I find his aggressive gameplay to be very exciting. And I like his chill demeanor, sense of humor, and insightful commentary. He live streams daily on YouTube and has posted excellent game guide, strategy, tips, and top plays videos. Check him out if you haven't already. You won't be disappointed. 8-)
WilyWolverine

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic