Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Red Dead Redemption II

Clan communications & game discussions regarding RDR2 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am

my brief experience last night. tried to join session on green man. i'm not sure if he's in the server so i start checking all the dots on the map. before i can finish i'm shot down. i respawn and start checking again, and again am shot down within a minute. they really should rethink the dots on the map. i don't think they add anything but toxicity, and only hurt the immersion of being a cowboy in the wild. maybe show your friends on the map, and maybe others for a short time after they fire a weapon.

Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:40 pm

ImageAs my old GS pal rigormortis would say, "at my age it isn't the game so much as who you play with" and the last week or so definitely proves that. I have had sooooooo much fun with my GSer posse. Haven't laughed this hard in quite sometime. Probably since the days of black ops 1 (those of you who know what I'm talking about, know what I'm talking about). Feel free to add me but don't expect competitive gaming. We basically do nothing but act stupid. And we aren't really even trying to be. Maybe that means we are just dummies. Oh well

Pictures are of us loading wagon loads of pelts and carcasses and taking them to town and fighting another posse from a stage coach. ( Didn't end well)
Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Ok, if Gopp is in the room there's gonna be a good games thread, mainly because the people I've met here are what makes it fun for me to game. Something that I had forgotten over the years a little bit. RDR2 is certainly not the perfect online experience but I haven't laughed this hard gaming in YEARS. That's not to say I haven't had fun with all my GS friends that have stuck together since the days of Black Ops 1 (you know who you are) but in a year that's been a tough one for me, the last week and a half or so has brought me back to enjoy gaming online again. I mean to the point of looking forward to it. I want to say thanks to all my homies that have gotten together with. Of course Mikelaird, Fishinnick and blackops. Bulletstopper and Margarita Momma. And Jeebs who I haven't gamed with in a couple years and dollar who I met for the first time on RDR2. We have been hunted, massacred, griefed, and shot down in cold blood. We have also done a little griefing ourselves, killed many things, had some ridiculous hijinx, held down entire towns, kept ridiculously long crime sprees, looted many a corpse, and simply acted like dummies. Thanks to all of you for the good games and hope there are many more to come. Anyone who'd like to add me or any of us are welcome to. As I've said before, we probably won't be dominating many rooms with our technique but we will dominate them with fun. Whereever we go is where the party ends up. Strawberry, blackwater, Valentine....
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:05 am

i was just thinking that last night gop, when someone was getting icy with me cause i screwed up in black out. if you are measuring the success of your gaming session on how much you win, over how much fun you have together, you are playing for the wrong reasons (imo). that doesn't mean that winning isn't fun in its own right. unless you are a twitch streamer making a living from gaming nobody cares about your record. have fun = win every time.
Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Man, if any of my guys were pissy at me everytime I went for a revenge kill instead of doing the "proper" thing or got killed 7 test in a row cuz I suck, these dudes would've left me on my own a long time ago.
MargaritaMama
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:32 pm

This is why GS* is the best adult casual gaming community. Feels like the ol' days of BO. I'm loving the large posse, thanks for setting that up GOPP!
Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:04 am

Hey everyone, the GS community is made for a game like Red Dead! With that in mind, I figured it would be a great way 2 get people together much like we did in the past with games like Black ops in Gran Turismo 5 for example.

For those of you who remember Black ops 1 you will remember that we had some great private matches and it was there that we met many of the people we still game with today. Because Red Dead redemption 2 is such a great community game, this will be a great chance to meet new friends, catch up with old friends, or simply find some fellow GSers to posse up with.

Starting Monday December 10th running through December 14th I will be hosting some GS shenanigan games starting at approximately 7:30 Eastern Time. I will try to have a chat lobby open approximately an hour before that. It doesn't matter if you're early or late as we will try to accommodate whatever and it's all about getting us together and the GS community playing this game.

I have been brainstorming and have at least 10 or so ideas for games that we can play and give them a try and who knows where that will lead.

All are welcome and we will start when we have enough players and probably won't end til the last person logs off. Feel free to add me, goppfather2015 and let's get the fun rolling !
NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 6965

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Since the update I’ve been getting just .02
XBOX: NIK Bass
Vile Revolver
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:07 pm

You can add me. I need some folks to watch my back!

PSN: Vile_Revolver
Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 am

coolhandlewke wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am
my brief experience last night. tried to join session on green man. i'm not sure if he's in the server so i start checking all the dots on the map. before i can finish i'm shot down. i respawn and start checking again, and again am shot down within a minute. they really should rethink the dots on the map. i don't think they add anything but toxicity, and only hurt the immersion of being a cowboy in the wild. maybe show your friends on the map, and maybe others for a short time after they fire a weapon.
Totally a fair point. I've pondered several things that add to the toxicity and how they could dial it back some. Everything I come up with there seems to be an equally bad unintended consequences. I'm almost to the point of believing that rockstar probably has thought of everything under the sun and their thinking is; people are just gonna be dickhead asshole people, no matter how we create the game. Someone will always find a way to exploit, grief, cheat, etc. I mean I wouldn't think it would be that fun to go into a fast travel, emerge- shoot someone in the back-then fast travel out again- but I've seen it done.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic