Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Red Dead Redemption II

Clan communications & game discussions regarding RDR2 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:45 pm

Three new horses: Butch, Sundance and Butch Sundance :D

TexasKilldozer
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm enjoying it so far, but they need to fix the game's economy before it becomes a grindfest.

Some of the competitive events are okay, but nothing special. I really didn't like the King of the Castle mainly because when it's over it spawns all 20+ players near one another. I wish they'd add GTA Online-style survivals. I want to shoot waves of klansmen and Lemoyne Raiders, and since they don't have helicopters in 1899, they can have snipers in hot air balloons every few levels.
TexasKilldozer
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks for this handy list!

I've found that the best spot for hunting -- for me, at least -- is the eastern coast of Bluewater Marsh north of Saint Denis. With a repeater you can hunt baby alligators, and with a varmint rifle you can get spoonbills, herons, cranes, and pelicans. There are also muskrats, turkeys, wild boars and lots of birds that won't necessarily land, but you can shoot them out of the sky. Ducks, ravens, loons... I even bagged a bat earlier. As a bonus, there's butcher nearby in Saint Denis. I made two trips earlier today and made about $140.

Something that list doesn't address: I've got a couple of egret plumes in my satchel and it says the Snowy Egret plume is worth $2.50, but I don't know where to sell them.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Thanks for this. I'll have to up my hunting game. Doing missions and robbing folks just aint making me any money. I'll try Bluewater Marsh and see what I can find :D
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:01 pm

It's growing on me.... slowly. I went into free roam tonight and couldn't find a single mission. I went from one side of the map to the other and not one stranger mission available. However when I chose to free roam in New Hanover, there was tons of stuff to do, lots of other players running around, had a much funner time there. But yeah, the economy is bloody retarded at this point.

PS: I still miss Grab the Bag :(
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:05 pm

I'll be playing most nights. Usually just free roam stuff, but if anyone want to join, feel free to hop in. I may or may not have my headset with me, but if anyone hops on, I'll grab it :D I do have a little 3 year old that sometimes requires my full attention so play time may be sporadic, from couple hours to ten or fifteen minutes :P
GrouchyGran
Level 5
Level 5
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:09 am

I'm kinda disappointed with it and don't see myself getting online much, but this is just the beta, so I hope it will be better when the actual online game starts.
NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 6965

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:52 am

TexasKilldozer wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:16 pm
...Something that list doesn't address: I've got a couple of egret plumes in my satchel and it says the Snowy Egret plume is worth $2.50, but I don't know where to sell them.
I like your spot to, run up the cost and swing left inland a bit. I've progressed to the Bolt rifle and that helps with the full sized gators, though two or three shots with a repeater get them done to. The Small gator carcass is about 6 bucks, roughly double the perfect gator pelt price, and the small gator hides seem to be the same value as the larger ones. I've even gotten some perfect bucks in that area.
XBOX: NIK Bass
NIK Bass
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 6965

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:30 am

In Online mode, if you go into Progress and Awards you'll find the progression of a whole bunch of challenges. If you've completed a chain you'll have a gold belt buckle associated with that award. You can actually equip some or maybe all of these in the wardrobe section.

The big thing though is that many of the awards have the option to Restart for Gold Nuggets. I was able to reset about 5 of them, mostly hunting and selling related, for .05 gold each, at least that's what popped up on my screen a few times, I didn't do the math and don't know how much I had before cashing these in. Not all can be reset, like max honor and other one or two step awards, but all of the awards I had with 4 or 5 steps were restart-able with a gold reward.

It's not a lot, but diffidently worth sharing.
XBOX: NIK Bass
TexasKilldozer
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:58 am

One other thing... I really hope they add the Trapper to the online game. I can live without the legendary animals, but I want that bear pelt grenadier's hat and the squirrel pelt flat cap!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic