Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Destiny 2

Clan communications, in-clan info, & game discussion for Destiny 2 within.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

BobMaster
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 2097

Games

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:06 am

Hey All,

As a lot of people, I recently got the game gifted by Blizzard.

I'm a casual gamer with a busy life and work, but gaming is how I relax in my spare time.

I do play a lot of other games as well, some D3, indie and AAA games, currently have 100+ games on my wishlist.

Currently I am most active in Destiny 2, but I noticed doing things solo can make things a bit more difficult.
Being part of a clan will surely improve the experience.

Also purchased the Forsaken expansion today.

Hope to see you all in the game.

Greetings,
Bart

Nilsson
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 9863

Games

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:43 pm

Hey people!

I got the game for free from blizzard a few days ago (gotta love free stuff right?) and just finished the main campaign. Now I want to try out being in a clan for the first time :)
Wrath
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Games

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Playing Destiny 2 on Pc, I would like to join.
MILLSY
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PS4

Games

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:17 am

NHS worker in Wales. Dad of 3. Late 40s. Loving Destiny 2 and hope to Join a clan where not everyones 12.. my game time is my well earned fun time.. so hoping for invite. Bigmills11
shrike
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 0064

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:25 am

Thanks, guys... I originally built it so our clan leaders in the Destiny Gunslingers XB1 clan could more easily keep track of who the people are that no longer play. Once it was running, it was relatively straight forward to add the rest of the GS clans to it. I keep adding tweaks and features as they come up and we (in the above mentioned clan) decide they might be useful...

BTW, I am on XBox only, so if anything in the data for non-xbox clans (or any, i guess) is out-of-whack drop me a PM and I will see what I can do. The data is only as good as what I can pull from Bungie, and apply some math to. My math may not be correct, :oops: so let me know if you have any tweaks...

Oh yeah - and the big gap in the middle of the data is when Bungie broke their api during the update last spring... :lol:
Admin of Destiny Gunslingers XB1 Clan on Bungie.net

=======================

"Never tell me the odds." -Han Solo
shrike
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:04 am

MILLSY wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:17 am
NHS worker in Wales. Dad of 3. Late 40s. Loving Destiny 2 and hope to Join a clan where not everyones 12.. my game time is my well earned fun time.. so hoping for invite. Bigmills11
Hey Millsy (and @Birddy1 , @Warpster , @Xtian , and @Wrath ! Getting into one of the Bungie clans is definitely a self-serve situation - at least on the initial request side. Make sure you join the appropriate masterlist ( viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3 ) and once that is completed, find the GS clan you wish to join ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=75 ) and submit a request.

When a request to join a clan comes in, we admins check to make sure you are on the masterlist, and then accept the request if you are. If you are not on the masterlist, we will usually send you a message asking you to join the masterlist, then wait a couple days. If you do not join the masterlist in that amount of time, the request is denied and you can re-request again after you are on the masterlist, at which point you will be accepted.

Welcome to GS!

=======================

Xtian
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 8337
Denmark

Games

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:18 am

Fantastic.
I was unsure how one actually found clans, short of a member inviting you.
Turns out there's a website for it! I'm going to apply immediately. Thank you!
shrike
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:16 am

Yeah, the main reason it has to be a self-serve thing, at least on the initial request, is that because of the slightly screwy way Bungie does the clans, an invitation or a request actually takes up one of the 100 slots available in each clan. For instance, my clan, Destiny Gunslingers XB1 currently has 97/100 members. If I sent out 3 invites to people, no one else could request to join, because on the backend the system thinks the clan is full. And those invites may never get responded to by the people that were invited (if, for instance, they didn't see them, or they are already in a clan). They do not HAVE to respond, so the invite just hangs there, taking up a space. Anyways, that's the reason "WHY" for the way it is working.

We get the request from you, expressing your interest in the clan, and then we can check the masterlist and accept/wait/deny based on that. But the rest of the clan slots are still open...

=======================

shrike
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:32 am

Hey @Nilsson ! Getting into one of the Bungie clans is definitely a self-serve situation - at least on the initial request side. Make sure you join the appropriate masterlist ( viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3 ) and once that is completed, find the GS clan you wish to join ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=75 ) and submit a request.

When a request to join a clan comes in, we admins check to make sure you are on the masterlist, and then accept the request if you are. If you are not on the masterlist, we will usually send you a message asking you to join the masterlist, then wait a couple days. If you do not join the masterlist in that amount of time, the request is denied and you can re-request again after you are on the masterlist, at which point you will be accepted.

Welcome to GS!

=======================

shrike
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:34 am

BobMaster wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:06 am

Currently I am most active in Destiny 2, but I noticed doing things solo can make things a bit more difficult.
Being part of a clan will surely improve the experience.
Hey @BobMaster ! Getting into one of the Bungie clans is definitely a self-serve situation - at least on the initial request side. Make sure you join the appropriate masterlist ( viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3 ) and once that is completed, find the GS clan you wish to join ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=75 ) and submit a request.

Welcome to GS!

=======================

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic