Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Fallout 76

Clan communications & game discussions for Fallout 76 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Battle Hamster
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS5

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:27 am

I could tell I'm going to be hopelessly addicted to this game. Spent the entire BETA yesterday just exploring & found a suit of power armor and charisma bobblehead while doing so.

I think maybe for today's BETA I'm going to try my hand at building a more useful home base.

PSN: Battle_Hamster
Preacher5000
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:38 pm

Ill be playing the beta tuesday and thursday if anybody wants to join up. I take my time and like to explore. some people dont like that. Preacher5000 game name friend me. I really liked what ive seen so far from it.
DCZero
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 6999

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:17 pm

I played around 12 hours of BETA.

The anti-griefing measures for pvp are solid. You can cheese it by jumping in front of someone when they're attacking a monster, but it's certainly not anything as bad as the Dark Zone. Also, there's an option to prevent your attacks from harming other players, so you can eliminate that cheese happening to you.

Even if you do get ganked, you only drop your junk, and the ganker gets a bounty that they pay out of their own pocket if they die afterwards. So there's a strong incentive not to gank.

There's been lots of reviews complaining about performance, but I didn't really have an issue. I noticed the occasional stuttering, but that did improve over the BETA.

If you don't really care for RP, or main story quest lines, or NPC interaction then this game is good.
If you like exploration and loot and shooting stuff and playing with others then this game is good.
If you're looking for Fallout 5, this game is bad.

The struggle of stash space is real.
CAMPs are kind of raidable, if they craft a Collector Bin, and don't put a lock on it. But otherwise, there's no point in attacking someone's CAMP.
Leveling solo is easy, with a group it's a cake walk. End game is a different story I think.
I have 2 PA frames, and I'm level 14. (One was behind a locked door, put there's a PA craft station right there, so you can just 'Craft', and the PA gets summoned to the station)

What got me hooked on the game was that you have to pay attention to the notes and holos you find. There are many unmarked quests and areas and stashes that you can only find by paying attention. Exploration is rewarded quite nicely.
DCZero
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 6999

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:33 pm

I played the BETA. The PvP aspect isn't an issue.

they've implemented the following features...
1) Ignore: as explained above, but Fast Travel is also still available in PvP, so you can Ignore then Fast Travel away. The chances of that person finding you again are slim.
2) Bounty: Even if someone kills you without consent, they get flagged on the map, so everyone knows where they are, but they can't see anyone on the map. Also, once killed, the bounty is paid out of their own pocket.
3) Opt Out: There's a setting you can disable so your attacks don't harm other players. You can never accidentally initiate PvP, or have someone intentionally jump in front of you.
4) The main problem I see is possies of lower levels hunting higher levels because the reward for killing in PvP is tied to your level. Also, it's easy to get killed by lowbies if they're smart.

There's a patch in the works for launch to eliminate the framerate bug.
There are already some mods on the Nexus, although I don't know Beth's stance on modding before modding should happen (i.e. if they're going to ban anyone)

I am enjoying it so far. I made a post in the Impressions thread if you want more detail.
jayitbyear
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS4

Games

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:47 pm

I've played about 10-12 hours so far. I'm enjoying the game overall...more than I expected, to be totally honest. I've been more of an offline, solo player for most of my gaming life so I was skeptical at first.

I haven't really experienced much in the way of any glitches or connectivity issues with the game. Also, I haven't had any trouble locating corpses, so I'm not sure why you were having those troubles.

I do agree with you that the initial time in the vault was disappointing, as far as no exploration or gathering of supplies. That said, there is a ton of exploration to do once you venture away from it.

One thing that does worry me is the storage box space issue that I keep reading about. I haven't yet experienced the issue myself but, do anticipate running into it eventually. I am one of those players who scraps/collects pretty much all junk.

The only real issue I've encountered was an "event" in the town of Grafton - the protest location event. I don't know if it was a game glitch, where I was in the right location but nothing triggered, or if I just never found it, though there were 2 other players in the area with me trying to trigger the completion of the event and they apparently couldn't do it either. Lol

Overall, I think I will enjoy the hell out of this game, and hope you do also! You definitely have to NOT expect a FO4 or FO5 experience. If you go into it hoping for that experience, you'll likely be disappointed.
PSN: JayItByEar
SocalledFin
Level 7
Level 7
Discord: 7980
Finland

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:10 pm

Never finished a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game. But i love exploring them and have clocked pretty high hours on them. I will be on this for sure. Just not a fan of pre - buying anything so not gonna be involved in B.E.T.A testing.
Origin : SocalledFin
Steam : SocalledFin
Discord : Socalled#7980
PSN : Socalled

I accept friend requests on any platform just mention GS
TheRevenant
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 7824

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 pm

This is going to be a hard pass for me. Fallout has always been about the story and lore for me, which this game seems to have absolutely discarded in favor of a purely player-driven experience. No NPCs, only source of 'story' is from holotapes. Blah. If I were you, I'd watch several reviews of this game from various sources. There are plenty of other games coming in a few months that will be far better in terms of delivering a PvP and story experience (Division 2 comes to mind, if they keep their promises).

In its current state, the technical issues are just atrocious, with no UI/FOV support on PC, T-Posing enemies, and latency issues abound, if you are going to pick it up, I'd wait a few weeks after launch.
Erik
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 2401

Games

Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:34 am

Hi everyone, I'm just sticking my toes in the water here to see what kind of excitement is built up for Fallout amongst the Xbox players.

I'm laid up from a recent surgery and am pretty excited pour a lot of hours into Fallout 76 despite it's glaring shortcomings. I'd like to get a regular crew of people together to explore the wasteland with. I know it's still a week out, but I'm bored and figured I could get the ball rolling.... See what peoples impressions are of this game.
Battle Hamster
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS5

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:30 am

Xoran343 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:34 am
Looking for anyone interested in joining up for some squad play in the beta on PS4 tomorrow. Or alternatively to play when the full game releases in Nov.

PS4 network ID: Xoran343
I'll hit you up before launch next week (and anyone else that wants to form a group). I'm itching to take over a workshop lol
PSN: Battle_Hamster
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:35 am

I'll be grabbing it but it will be a Christmas gift from my kids. Which is good cuz it will give me time to find out if the games is one big dark zone or not :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic