Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Retro Game Treasure - Get Your Gunslingers Discount!

Gunslinger members get subscription discounts for retrogametreasure.com by using the promotion code GUNSLINGERS

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:29 pm

Those of you who have gamed with me are well aware that I have quite the sweet tooth for retro games. It is a probably a midlife crisis thing. Who knows. The point is that I signed up for one of those in-vogue box-of-the-month subscriptions called Retro Game Treasure. The concept is simple: You pay a subscription fee. Receive a box of retro games (and accessories) every month.

Well, I am loving it. So much so that I reached out to creator of the service and asked if I could pass along a discount to everyone when I post about my experiences. They agreed and made us our own custom promotional code!

If you do sign up for a Retro Game Treasure subscription, be sure to use the promotion code GUNSLINGERS to save a couple bucks .

Before you think, "Here we go. After a decade of never taking the bait, McMurphy finally sold out," please keep in mind that we are not receiving any sort of percentage of sales or kickbacks from the site. Like the very existence of the Gunslingers, I am sharing this to you out of my own nerdy interest. In fact, I reached out to them, not the other way around. Here is the exact email I sent the company:
Spoiler
Show
Hello, Megabuck!

Thank you for running such an awesome service for us retro gaming fans. I am new member (registered under [redacted]), and have received my first treasure box full of NES games. It felt great pulling into my parking space after a hard day's work and seeing that box sitting on my doorstep.

I originally found out about your service via a $2 off promotion code offered by the Youtuber, RGT 85, and I don't think I would had ever heard of it if it wasn't for the plug. I was wondering if I, too, could offer such a promotion to the community I run.

For the last ten years, I have run a successful gaming group, Gunslinger Gaming, which is dedicated to providing an oasis for older gamers. If I write a praise on my site about the service (complete with echoes on our Twitter, Facebook, Discord, & Twitter accounts), is it possible to offer a promotion code (ie: "Enter 'Gunslingers" to...") to our members and unregistered viewers?

If not, no worries. Thank you again for creating such a cool product, and I'm excited to tell others, regardless.

Sincerely,
Lee

I know firsthand the service is on the up-and-up, and I got a huge kick seeing that 8bit-style shipping box sitting on my doorstep. They let you fill out your complete library of retro games (ie: anything from NES/Sega Master System to the Wii generation of consoles) so you aren't sent titles you already own. Likewise, you select the focus of the sort of things you wish to be sent, whether you wish to cast a wide net or stick to a narrow scale. Myself, I am currently focusing solely on NES and SNES games. These settings can be changed on the fly, and, thanks to living in the age of Netflix, you can cancel whenever you like.

Anyway, I am not trying to talk anyone into signing up, per say. If you like to collect retro game but wish to avoid Ebay or local rummage sales, I think you will like it. I got four NES games in my first box (Marble Madness, Pin.Bot, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, & The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants), and, in a dorky way, it is sort of exciting to get a box in the mail full of retro randomness. If retro games aren't in your wheelhouse, don't sign up. Again, I am not "in the cut."

I am just working on giving members discounts as a thank you for being a Gunslinger. You should see another round of raffles soon as well.

Cheers!

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Okay, I just got box #2 in my subscription, and these are the titles I got this time around:
  • Time Lord (NES)
  • Solar Jetman (NES)
  • JAWS (NES)
  • Super Glove Ball (NES)
  • Spider-Man & X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES)
Good box. I like it even more than the first one. Nice to see five titles this time around (as opposed to four in the previous) considering Super Glove Ball, a title aimed to promote the power glove, was included. All the games appear to be in good condition, and the shipment came on time.

This service still gets my recommendation.
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Thu May 23, 2019 7:38 pm

Okay, I got this month's box today, and the following titles were included:

Zelda II: The Adventures of Link [NES] - (awesome!)
Millipede [NES] - (eh)
Jurassic Park [SNES] - (solid selection)

So far, so good. No duplicates that are in my library, and the values balance out when compared to each month's box.
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:05 pm

I got a my package a bit ago, but I'm a little late in reporting what I got:
  • Karate Champ [NES] (Good selection because I like to get as many of the Data East titles as possible; otherwise a terrible title)
  • Star Tropics [NES](Awesome! Classic title.)
  • X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse [SNES] (Good! Not the strongest game, but it is a Capcom title in the end, and I am a comic nerd)
So far, so good. No duplicates. I just filled out a wish list, and I will let you all know if it appears the company looks at it or not. I have low end and high end selections on the wishlist.
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:48 pm

It's been a long time since I last shared what games I got in my monthly retro game loot box, but I did get one delivered just yesterday. Here are the NES titles I got this time around. Please let the rest of us know if you have any memories playing these games.

COMMANDO

DYNOWARZ: The Destruction of Spondylus

GODZILLA: Monster of Monsters

WALL STREET KID
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 pm

Okay, it has been a LONG time since I have shared the contents of my monthly retro game subscription box, but I have stayed subscribed to the service all this time. Here's the contents of my September 2021 Retro Treasure Box:

MAGMAX (NES)

STAMPEDE (Atari 2600)

FROGGER 2 (Gameboy Color)

SEGA GENESIS CONTROLLER (New; Licensed; RetroBit)
retrobitsega.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:05 pm

I just got back from my (somewhat) local retro game store, Nostalgia Alley, with following treasures:

NES
  1. Boulder Dash
  2. Legendary Wings
  3. Solomon's Key
Atari 2600
  1. Amidar
  2. Mouse Trap
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:35 pm

Timing is something, I tell you. Just after getting around sharing my latest retro games purchase, my Retro Game Treasure subscription box arrived in the mail. Here is what I got:

Atari 2600
  • Laser Blast
  • Slot Racers
Gameboy
  • Qix
Gameboy Color
  • Spongebob Squarepants: Legend of the Lost Spatula
SNES
  • Scooby-Doo Mystery
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic