Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Warframe

Clan communication & Warframe discussions here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:38 am

@Aerophobic and all Switch players:

I owe you all an apology. I wholly mismanaged the formation of the Switch in-game clan, largely due to not understanding the game well enough. I'm sorry.

For those of you Switch players who would still like to give an in-game Warframe clan another shot under our banner, please contact me if you wish to lead it. I will move to a role of recruiting for the front, which I will be much better at.

OmegaConstruct
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 4180
United States of America

Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:23 am

DrNiggle
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 6574
United States of America

Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:43 am

That right there is some bullshit
HellSaber
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: XboxOne
Great Britain

Games

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:29 am

Let the brood mothers kill you and you respawn with amp alt-fire enabled...
DrNiggle
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Looking through google results, looks like this is the latest in a long line of Xbox bugs for that test.

But if you got through it then I don't see anything wrong working with what DE gives you :D
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Huge thanks to @DrNiggle , @OmegaConstruct and @Silus_Wyvern for doing most of the work on this, got to see it mostly completed the other day and it looks awesome. :) way better than what it was and gives us plenty of room for expansion.
DrNiggle
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:45 pm

I forgot to post here that we're done :lol:

Thanks again to everyone who contributed materials!
v996149
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 3830
Australia

Games

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Nice work.
May I suggest plugging warframe.builder.com?
It's got a library of builds for everything, and search functions that allow you to filter for Potatos, Forma, date etc.
While it doesn't teach you to mod, it does have a lot of builds that cater to different stages and applications.
v996149
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 3830
Australia

Games

Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:20 pm

Like DrNiggle said, you want to be efficient, considerate and speedy. Players tend to want to get sorties over and done with. But me, I got rules to preserve my own sanity / enjoyment:

Rule one: Meta, Meta, Meta.
Rule two: For minimum heart ache, do Spy missions solo, or at least with someone you trust. I usually give a PUG group two tries, then solo.
Rule three: Defence missions are painful without a competent team. This is probably the only time in Warframe you might want to actually discuss stuff before you start.
Rule four: It's always credits or a statue. Anything else is cause for joy.
Rule five: Don't bother if it's got a Defection or Archwing mission. Even if you're okay, PUGs will most likely not be and you can't solo them. I also tend to skip Lua Spy.
Rule six: Know the fights, know the phases and how they trigger. If you're not sure, read up or run the fight on normal before you start mission one.

Firstly, if you haven't already, have a look at Warframe Builder.

Use easy mode frames with meta builds.
  • Spy/Rescue - Ivara or Loki, maybe Ash or Volt. Just go, go, go like DrNiggle said. Don't attempt the room or a hack unless you're sure you can do it, and never "assist" anyone in progress. While the ciphers don't work, the Liset Air Support ability still does.
  • Defence - CC frame (Oberon, Equinox, Sayrn, Banshee, Octavia, Nezha ) or a tank. Consider giving the Operative a Furis like this or a Hikou like this. The Furis will keep them alive, with the Hikou they can OHK to level 80. Atlas can block them into one spot, Ash can hide the target with smoke shadow, Limbo can banish them but you're more likely to find yourself alone in the mission once the other players realise you're a Limbo. If you're going to bring Nova to Defence, don't go overboard with the strength in either direction - you'll either prolong the mission or overwhelm everyone.
  • Excavation / Interception - CC or area denial frames and weapons like Equinox, SlowVa, Banshee, Vauban, Frost or Zenistar can be great here. Stay on target unless asked or reviving. One extractor at a time. Use your Specters.
  • Survival - Combos like Ivara with Dark Dagger / Covert Lethality / Gleaming Blight or Inaros and Prisma Dual Cleaver / Justice Blades can be really useful for survival. Remember that the shades that Nekros' Shadows of the Dead count toward the total numbers of enemies in a survival - raising too many shades will decrease the number of personal life support modules dropped.
  • Everything else - use a tank with moar dakka. Iron Skin Rhino, Vex Chroma, Inaros, etc. Atlas with a crit Hirudo can be fun on Infested Exterminate / Survivals
  • Never take Limbo unless . .. you, ... um, wait, you know what? Just never take Limbo.
Weapons should be meta too. SomaP, Arca Plasmor, Dual Grakata, Lenz, Sancti Tigris, AkStilletto, Kulstar, Vaykor Hek, Zakti and Glaive, Atomos, Atterax, etc. My preference is for frequent big ba-da-boom or combo builders.

Look at the modifiers and cheese them. <Weapon type> only and you suck with it or don't have a good build? Excal, Titainia, Sayrn, Nidus can cheese around it.

Know the fights. If you're going to try Fatal Teleport and a Dark Dagger / Covert Lethality kill on Zanuka, tell us and have a backup to do it normally if you can't do it - and don't take Saryn to that fight, you're just making it harder for everyone. Don't be afraid to cheese the Raptor with the Rhino Stomp trick, just revert to a more basic strategy if you can't pull it off. Be especially careful with the Multalist Alad V fight, Ash can wipe your team out in seconds, as can anyone who brought an end game Lenz or Opticor.

Use your gear wheel. Specters spawn at the same level as enemies. Pherliac Pods are not just for that one quest to get Atlas. Ammo, health, shield and energy pizzas are cheap.

Use your >Spoiler< Mode. It can get you out of, or around, a lot of trouble.

Consider your companion choice. I usually go Carrier for it's survival and ammo mods, or Helix for marking weak spots. I know cats and dogs can be useful, but I've never found them better than having vacuum in a sortie.

Finally, don't sweat it or burn out. I managed to get the sortie down to about 20 minutes at one point, but it wasn't fun - more like a daily chore. If it looks like it might be too much arse, leave it until tomorrow.
DeviantZipy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: XboxOne

Games

Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:52 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm a 44 year old married gamer with a 4 year old son living in Salt Lake City, Utah. I recently started playing Warframe on Xbox, found your group on Reddit and decided to look into joining. I've been pushing through the starchart (just got to Saturn) and I'm currently ML6 with my starter Excalibur and Trinity Prime (from the Twitch Prime promotion) warframes. I'm interested in joining a clan in game and finding like-minded people to play with.

My Xbox gamertag is DeviantZipy. I'm usually online in the evenings on weekdays and as much as I can play on the weekends.

I'm looking forward to meeting and gaming with you all.

- DeviantZipy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic