Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Fallout 76

Clan communications & game discussions for Fallout 76 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:24 am

So how many people are planing on picking this up on PC? Was thinking about it, but being as i have never finished a Fallout game(never made it more than 25% way though one to be honest) not sure if it's something i would be interested in. especially since it's PvPvE, which i'm not a huge fan of cause it usually becomes full of griefers and trolls

DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:58 pm

I haven’t played a fall out game since New Vegas. But I do like the PvP access in this game. Only problem like you said would be the trolls. There might be a option to where you can turn it on and off.
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
USMC Sgt Teufel
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Hey Gobi, long time no see.

I am definitely picking this up. Not sure how much I will be able to play, but it sounds like I can pick it up and play in chunks. Let me know if you end up picking it up.
Odin001
Level 2
Level 2
Discord: 5060

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 am

DrInsan3no wrote:
I haven’t played a fall out game since New Vegas. But I do like the PvP access in this game. Only problem like you said would be the trolls. There might be a option to where you can turn it on and off.
There will be an "ignore" feature for this game. Basically if you don't want to be bothered by someone who killed you once, or over and over. You can "ignore" them for the rest of that game session. They won't be able to see you on the mini map/map, but if they somehow end up around you. They can attempt PvP again. We'll have to see how Bethesda continues to tweak/handle the PvP element for this game. I don't think I'm 100% correct on this. I watched the quake con video where Todd explains more on PvP.

I really do want this game. I'm gonna wait a bit after it launch's because of bugs, servers, and stability issues I know they'll have at launch lol. It is a Bethesda game after all :P
Last edited by Odin001 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Odin001 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 am
DrInsan3no wrote:
There will be an "ignore" feature for this game. Basically if you don't want to be bothered by someone who killed you once, or over and over. You can "ignore" them for the rest of that game session. They won't be able to see you on the mini map/map, but if they somehow end up around you. They can attempt PvP again. We'll have to see how Bethesda continues to tweak/handle the PvP element for this game. I'm not 100% correct on this. I watched the quake con video where Todd explains more on PvP.

I really do want this game. I'm gonna wait a bit after it launch's because of bugs, servers, and stability issues I know they'll have at launch lol. It is a Bethesda game after all :P
I think I heard something about that the other day, will be interesting on how they do that. Thanks for letting me know xD
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:42 am

Looking forward to this on the PS4, will try to get into the BETA tonight, but may hold off til the next time slot. Not sure if I like the fact that the BETA progress will carry over to the official release, wanted to just run around and see what everything was about without actually worrying about decisions I make in the BETA. Guess I could always restart on official release, but didn't think I would have to make that decision.

Anyone that wants to run together in the wasteland, feel free to send me an invite or however they are going to handle the multiplayer squad system. Hope I have as much fun with this one as I did with Fallout 4, just going to miss my companions and the NPC's, hope you GSers can fill in for those. Anyone that wants to carry all my crap, just let me know ;)
Sosyc
Level 1
Level 1
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:29 pm

I will probably not PC this one until we see how bad the hackers are going to get. Bethesda has had trouble with multiplayer competitive before in games like Brink with almost non existent banning. I will check it out though if it launches smooth enough.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:32 am

Tried the Beta for a little on Tuesday night on the PS4 and so far I am not sure what to think. I was having internet connection issues that were frustrating the hell out of me (think my switch is on its last leg and wifi was spotty as I haven't had to use that in years and think my router is located in a bad place for connection issues to my PS4).

To start, my experience with Fallout is limited to Fallout 4, as that was my first play-through of the series and I really enjoyed that one, especially the interaction with all the NPC's and the story. After finally being able to connect, I was a little disappointed with the initial interaction with the vault and the opening storyline, guess I was just expecting more and wanted to get into some of the locked areas of the vault (spent way too much time in Fallout 4 searching everywhere and picking up every piece of crap, so being so limited in the vault was hard to deal with). Once out of the vault, getting used to the controls and the change to VATS definitely took something away from the game for me, but I think I can get used to it. Venturing into the woods was a bit of an adventure as the graphics are good but it can be difficult to spot animals/enemies and even worse if you end up fighting off a bunch of enemies, once you kill them and try to go back after the fight to loot the corpses, I had a hell of a time trying to find the bodies to loot. I think the developers mentioned adding something to identify these, whether an identifier or flashing, I think anything would be a great addition.

I think I only spent about an hour and a half running around in the woods (but that includes spending too much time in the vault looking for something, anything) so my initial experience is definitely limited. I really am not sure how much I will like the game without all of the companions and NPC's. Will try to play the Beta some more, doubt I will make the 2pm-7pm window today, but hopefully will get to play during the Beta windows on Saturday and Sunday. I know my son has enjoyed the beta so far, so I will probably still end up picking up the game, so I hope that things will get better than my initial (yet short) time with the game. Hopefully running with other GSers will make the experience more enjoyable, just not sure how much you guys will compare to all of my Fallout 4 companions.

If you played the Beta, what did you think. How was your initial experience and do you have any suggestions or even tips and tricks for those just getting started or people like me that haven't ventured too far from the vault yet. At this point my son is enjoying the beta, so I will probably still get it, but based on my initial play time, I really hope things get better from this point forward.
Odin001
Level 2
Level 2

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:26 am

BDNYY23 wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:32 am
Tried the Beta for a little on Tuesday night on the PS4 and so far I am not sure what to think. I was having internet connection issues that were frustrating the hell out of me (think my switch is on its last leg and wifi was spotty as I haven't had to use that in years and think my router is located in a bad place for connection issues to my PS4).

To start, my experience with Fallout is limited to Fallout 4, as that was my first play-through of the series and I really enjoyed that one, especially the interaction with all the NPC's and the story. After finally being able to connect, I was a little disappointed with the initial interaction with the vault and the opening storyline, guess I was just expecting more and wanted to get into some of the locked areas of the vault (spent way too much time in Fallout 4 searching everywhere and picking up every piece of crap, so being so limited in the vault was hard to deal with). Once out of the vault, getting used to the controls and the change to VATS definitely took something away from the game for me, but I think I can get used to it. Venturing into the woods was a bit of an adventure as the graphics are good but it can be difficult to spot animals/enemies and even worse if you end up fighting off a bunch of enemies, once you kill them and try to go back after the fight to loot the corpses, I had a hell of a time trying to find the bodies to loot. I think the developers mentioned adding something to identify these, whether an identifier or flashing, I think anything would be a great addition.

I think I only spent about an hour and a half running around in the woods (but that includes spending too much time in the vault looking for something, anything) so my initial experience is definitely limited. I really am not sure how much I will like the game without all of the companions and NPC's. Will try to play the Beta some more, doubt I will make the 2pm-7pm window today, but hopefully will get to play during the Beta windows on Saturday and Sunday. I know my son has enjoyed the beta so far, so I will probably still end up picking up the game, so I hope that things will get better than my initial (yet short) time with the game. Hopefully running with other GSers will make the experience more enjoyable, just not sure how much you guys will compare to all of my Fallout 4 companions.

If you played the Beta, what did you think. How was your initial experience and do you have any suggestions or even tips and tricks for those just getting started or people like me that haven't ventured too far from the vault yet. At this point my son is enjoying the beta, so I will probably still get it, but based on my initial play time, I really hope things get better from this point forward.
You really need to go into this game with a mindset of it not being your typical "Fallout" game. If you're more into the traditional way Bethesda handles their RPGs I doubt you'll like Fallout 76 that much. Since it is more focus on CO-OP/PvP survival (kinda) game. The starting vault is mainly just a "safe haven" for newly spawned players overall and just getting you out the door into the world of West Virginia. I'll admit that it'll take sometime for me also getting used to a Fallout game that doesn't have NPCs to interact with and I've been playing Fallout since Fallout 3. We'll need to keep an sharp eye out for those pieces of paper and holotapes for quests basically. 8-)

I can understand the changes to VATs since it is going to have the PvP element in this game. It well be odd at first I'll agree, but I'm sure most who've played the previous titles can agree to that. I personally haven't played the beta, but I have been watching a lot of videos/live streams of it. Didn't really see an issue with locating bodies, but then again. This game most likely needs more optimization with rendering etc. I'll admit back with Fallout 4, there were times I would lose a corpse due to it blending into the ground sometimes. Hopefully since Fallout 76 is basically Fallout 4 with an more improved version of the engine. It won't be too difficult to locate the bodies of those you need to loot.

Anyway, I do want this game. Hopefully the launch of this game goes well. I'd like to see it succeed, but only time well tell.
Odin001
Level 2
Level 2

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:28 am

Sosyc wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:29 pm
I will probably not PC this one until we see how bad the hackers are going to get. Bethesda has had trouble with multiplayer competitive before in games like Brink with almost non existent banning. I will check it out though if it launches smooth enough.
Yeah............... at launch. I can see hackers really ruining the game if Bethesda doesn't have a good anti-cheat system in place. I wonder how they'll handle cheaters/hackers in this game :?:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic