Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Fallout 76 PC

Moderators: Trail Guides, Founder, GS Advisor

ThrawnBlaze
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 7294
United States of America

Games

Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Hey guys I have preordered this for pc and have played the beta and I must say I am really looking forward to playing this game with friends!

gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:13 pm

BDNYY23 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:24 pm
I know that they mentioned private servers were going to come after release, at least for the consoles so I would assume it would be the same for PC.
This has peaked my interest a little bit, i will need to know more but if i can do a private server then i'm all for coop fallout :)
Battle Hamster
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:27 am

I could tell I'm going to be hopelessly addicted to this game. Spent the entire BETA yesterday just exploring & found a suit of power armor and charisma bobblehead while doing so.

I think maybe for today's BETA I'm going to try my hand at building a more useful home base.
PSN: Battle_Hamster
Preacher5000
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
United States of America

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:38 pm

Ill be playing the beta tuesday and thursday if anybody wants to join up. I take my time and like to explore. some people dont like that. Preacher5000 game name friend me. I really liked what ive seen so far from it.
DCZero
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 6999

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:33 pm

I played the BETA. The PvP aspect isn't an issue.

they've implemented the following features...
1) Ignore: as explained above, but Fast Travel is also still available in PvP, so you can Ignore then Fast Travel away. The chances of that person finding you again are slim.
2) Bounty: Even if someone kills you without consent, they get flagged on the map, so everyone knows where they are, but they can't see anyone on the map. Also, once killed, the bounty is paid out of their own pocket.
3) Opt Out: There's a setting you can disable so your attacks don't harm other players. You can never accidentally initiate PvP, or have someone intentionally jump in front of you.
4) The main problem I see is possies of lower levels hunting higher levels because the reward for killing in PvP is tied to your level. Also, it's easy to get killed by lowbies if they're smart.

There's a patch in the works for launch to eliminate the framerate bug.
There are already some mods on the Nexus, although I don't know Beth's stance on modding before modding should happen (i.e. if they're going to ban anyone)

I am enjoying it so far. I made a post in the Impressions thread if you want more detail.
SocalledFin
Level 6
Level 6
Discord: 7980
Finland

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:10 pm

Never finished a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game. But i love exploring them and have clocked pretty high hours on them. I will be on this for sure. Just not a fan of pre - buying anything so not gonna be involved in B.E.T.A testing.
Origin : SocalledFin
Steam : SocalledFin
Discord : Socalled#7980
PSN : Socalled

I accept friend requests on any platform just mention GS
TheRevenant
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 7824

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 pm

This is going to be a hard pass for me. Fallout has always been about the story and lore for me, which this game seems to have absolutely discarded in favor of a purely player-driven experience. No NPCs, only source of 'story' is from holotapes. Blah. If I were you, I'd watch several reviews of this game from various sources. There are plenty of other games coming in a few months that will be far better in terms of delivering a PvP and story experience (Division 2 comes to mind, if they keep their promises).

In its current state, the technical issues are just atrocious, with no UI/FOV support on PC, T-Posing enemies, and latency issues abound, if you are going to pick it up, I'd wait a few weeks after launch.
ShadyPhD
Level 3
Level 3
Discord: 0491
United States of America

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:46 pm

i already have this preordered for pc and will be playing. im sure there will be bugs and possibly modders but its gonna be a good party up game and im all about those
Steam - ShadyPhD
Discord - ShadyPhD#0491
Battlenet - ShadyPhD#1684
Pokemon Go Code - 5578 9603 1567
Artemis
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 4997
United States of America

Games

Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Is anyone looking to create a clan/group for PC players? My id for Bethesda/Fallout: Artemis-
I'm new to GS, I am looking for people that are interested in forming a group/clan to run through the wasteland and/or set up a base camp.
NinjaBear
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 9800

Games

Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:03 pm

It is not their first online game.... ESO was a total bomb when it came out but it now literally my favorite mmorpg to play period. I expect the same from fallout 76 they let it bomb and improve it from there. I just picked it up today..... looks like not many of you playing it yet?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic