Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Fallout 76 PC

Moderators: Trail Guides, Founder, GS Advisor

User avatar
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:28 pm
Main Platform: PC
Location: wisconsin
Discord: 0420
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Gender:
Contact:
United States of America

Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:24 am

So how many people are planing on picking this up on PC? Was thinking about it, but being as i have never finished a Fallout game(never made it more than 25% way though one to be honest) not sure if it's something i would be interested in. especially since it's PvPvE, which i'm not a huge fan of cause it usually becomes full of griefers and trolls


User avatar
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
Posts: 934
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:39 pm
Main Platform: PC
Location: Las Vegas
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 97 times
Gender:
Contact:
United States of America

Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:58 pm

I haven’t played a fall out game since New Vegas. But I do like the PvP access in this game. Only problem like you said would be the trolls. There might be a option to where you can turn it on and off.
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
USMC Sgt Teufel
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:59 pm
Main Platform: PC
Location: Colorado
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times
Gender:
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Hey Gobi, long time no see.

I am definitely picking this up. Not sure how much I will be able to play, but it sounds like I can pick it up and play in chunks. Let me know if you end up picking it up.
User avatar
Odin001
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:05 am
Main Platform: PC
Location: Reno
Discord: 5060
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Gender:
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 am

DrInsan3no wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:58 pm
I haven’t played a fall out game since New Vegas. But I do like the PvP access in this game. Only problem like you said would be the trolls. There might be a option to where you can turn it on and off.
There will be an "ignore" feature for this game. Basically if you don't want to be bothered by someone who killed you once, or over and over. You can "ignore" them for the rest of that game session. They won't be able to see you on the mini map/map, but if they somehow end up around you. They can attempt PvP again. We'll have to see how Bethesda continues to tweak/handle the PvP element for this game. I don't think I'm 100% correct on this. I watched the quake con video where Todd explains more on PvP.



I really do want this game. I'm gonna wait a bit after it launch's because of bugs, servers, and stability issues I know they'll have at launch lol. It is a Bethesda game after all :P
Last edited by Odin001 on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
Posts: 934
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:39 pm
Main Platform: PC
Location: Las Vegas
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 97 times
Gender:
Contact:
United States of America

Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Odin001 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 am
DrInsan3no wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:58 pm
I haven’t played a fall out game since New Vegas. But I do like the PvP access in this game. Only problem like you said would be the trolls. There might be a option to where you can turn it on and off.
There will be an "ignore" feature for this game. Basically if you don't want to be bothered by someone who killed you once, or over and over. You can "ignore" them for the rest of that game session. They won't be able to see you on the mini map/map, but if they somehow end up around you. They can attempt PvP again. We'll have to see how Bethesda continues to tweak/handle the PvP element for this game. I'm not 100% correct on this. I watched the quake con video where Todd explains more on PvP.



I really do want this game. I'm gonna wait a bit after it launch's because of bugs, servers, and stability issues I know they'll have at launch lol. It is a Bethesda game after all :P
I think I heard something about that the other day, will be interesting on how they do that. Thanks for letting me know xD
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
User avatar
Sosyc
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:07 am
Main Platform: PS4
Location: ATL
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:29 pm

I will probably not PC this one until we see how bad the hackers are going to get. Bethesda has had trouble with multiplayer competitive before in games like Brink with almost non existent banning. I will check it out though if it launches smooth enough.
User avatar
Odin001
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:05 am
Main Platform: PC
Location: Reno
Discord: 5060
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Gender:
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:28 am

Sosyc wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:29 pm
I will probably not PC this one until we see how bad the hackers are going to get. Bethesda has had trouble with multiplayer competitive before in games like Brink with almost non existent banning. I will check it out though if it launches smooth enough.
Yeah............... at launch. I can see hackers really ruining the game if Bethesda doesn't have a good anti-cheat system in place. I wonder how they'll handle cheaters/hackers in this game :?:
Image
User avatar
BDNYY23
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:37 am
Main Platform: PS4
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 29 times
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:00 am

Read an article yesterday that already said that modification of the .ini file will provide a speed boost. Supposedly this was present in many of Bethesda other games on the PC as well, personally being on a console hopefully I don't have to deal with that type of issue, but I am sure they will look for some other ways to get an advantage. The ignore feature is a good start, and if you don't fire back you can also fast travel away from people, but having to do that can ruin a game session. If you have to get back to a specific area for a mission you are on, and that same person is still in the area, even though you are not on the minimap, they can still screw with you if they happen to run into you.
User avatar
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:28 pm
Main Platform: PC
Location: wisconsin
Discord: 0420
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Gender:
Contact:
United States of America

Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:13 pm

I think the only way around that would be fore them to add private or custom servers, and i'm not sure that will happen. However if they said they were doing private servers, this game would move up my list in a hurry.
User avatar
BDNYY23
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:37 am
Main Platform: PS4
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 29 times
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:24 pm

I know that they mentioned private servers were going to come after release, at least for the consoles so I would assume it would be the same for PC.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post