Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Red Dead Online thoughts

Moderators: Founder, Trail Guides, GS Advisor

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 12
Rank 12
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:56 am

What's everyone think of the online? I'm kinda a little disappointed with it. Feels way different than the actual game. Grinding is a pain. The need to eat and sleep constantly. And where are all the online modes from the first one? Right now I get a free for all Fortnite bandwagon mode and a king of the hill. Grab the Bag was great from the first one, and the mode I played the most. Kinda miss it now. This online just feels lacking right now, and hopefully, Rockstar starts adding more to it. What's everyone else think of it?

Goppfather
Level 5
Level 5
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:08 pm

I like it this far but you are right, there are some issues. I haven't tried the competitive modes yet so can't speak on them. There are several bugs/mistakes etc on free roam such as where you're camp is placed, the cost of everything ( which is more minor but I can see it being a micro transaction choice they are making). My biggest complaint is that you can't break a horse and keep him or sell him. Again, I'm sure it's because they want you spending money thru micro transaction. So basically I think they've done plenty of things well but it's a long ways from being perfect.
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:38 pm

i'm sure they will invest heavily in rdr online, and are counting on a ton of micro transactions. my initial impression wasn't positive, but i am anxious to see where they go from here.
NIK Bass
Level 10
Level 10
Discord: 6965
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:22 pm

I dig it, could go for private sessions to farm money, but I made over 1k today and had fun doing it.
Kill birds.
Harassing people on stranger missions is fun, as is being harassed. Though some seem upset an don’t quit shooting when the event ends.
XBOX: NIK Bass
TexasKilldozer
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm enjoying it so far, but they need to fix the game's economy before it becomes a grindfest.

Some of the competitive events are okay, but nothing special. I really didn't like the King of the Castle mainly because when it's over it spawns all 20+ players near one another. I wish they'd add GTA Online-style survivals. I want to shoot waves of klansmen and Lemoyne Raiders, and since they don't have helicopters in 1899, they can have snipers in hot air balloons every few levels.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 12
Rank 12
Discord: 8319

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:01 pm

It's growing on me.... slowly. I went into free roam tonight and couldn't find a single mission. I went from one side of the map to the other and not one stranger mission available. However when I chose to free roam in New Hanover, there was tons of stuff to do, lots of other players running around, had a much funner time there. But yeah, the economy is bloody retarded at this point.

PS: I still miss Grab the Bag :(
GrouchyGran
Level 3
Level 3
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:09 am

I'm kinda disappointed with it and don't see myself getting online much, but this is just the beta, so I hope it will be better when the actual online game starts.
TexasKilldozer
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:58 am

One other thing... I really hope they add the Trapper to the online game. I can live without the legendary animals, but I want that bear pelt grenadier's hat and the squirrel pelt flat cap!
riskbreaker76
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 2006
Philippines

Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:25 pm

there's just not enough to do other than grind, grind, grind or grief and maybe find a glitch exploit for XP/$$$...but remember GTA Online started this same way.
Goppfather
Level 5
Level 5

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:29 pm

It's definitely a grind but the last few days with GS posses has been a lot of fun.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic