Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Battlefield V

Clan communications & game discussions for Battlefield V here.

Moderators: Founder, Trail Guides, GS Advisor

SocalledFin
Level 7
Level 7
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 7980
Finland

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:41 am

Lets hear some of yall favourite weapons and perks/modification setups for the assault.

Origin : SocalledFin
Steam : SocalledFin
Discord : Socalled#7980
PSN : Socalled

I accept friend requests on any platform just mention GS
Element of Cain
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: XboxOne

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 am

I always go with a Sten and pure grit. run at the enemy and trust that I'm going to win, this my explain my win of 46% and a KD that isn't even worth a mention :). I find the maps really decide on the weapon to use. if its close quarters then its the Sten, if there any open space go with the a Gewehr set up for hip fire.
MENIM3
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 7349
Poland

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:50 am

well I dont play much assault so I have only 2 first guns :D but I tend to lean on medium-long distance firefights so I used Gewehr 43 on larger maps and the basic weapon on smaller maps. Provided I play Assault only when versing vehicles. Otherwise I play support as he has a very simillar weapon and infinite ammo aswell.
Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:08 pm

I like the gewehr. I haven't played much, as I'm only level 13 but assault seems to be the only class I want to use ( along with almost everyone in every lobby). Am I missing something, or is the medic class worthless. I usually like playing a medic role but the guns are outclassed from my experience.
SocalledFin
Level 7
Level 7
Discord: 7980
Finland

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:38 am

I have been using the m1a1 with 1-2x scopes depending on map. Crazy that gun has close to none recoil. As far as medics go i like to favour close quarters and smg.
Origin : SocalledFin
Steam : SocalledFin
Discord : Socalled#7980
PSN : Socalled

I accept friend requests on any platform just mention GS
Sobchak
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 1395
Canada

Games

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:27 am

I've been rocking the m1a1 with a 3x scope and it's proven to be my bread and butter. Slowly bringing my kdr up with this loadout. That and the anti tank equipment makes this build very effective.

The sten so far is the best weapon for the medic, which sucks cause I was looking forward to the mp40 but it's stats compared to the sten are crap.
WilyWolverine
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:16 am

Given the huge outcry over Dice's recent change to the time to kill (TTK) model increasing the TTK, I'm curious what my fellow Gunslingers think of the change and which TTK model you prefer. Please post your comments below.

I prefer the new TTK as I think it allows for more aggressive (reckless?) play which is my preferred playstyle. However I think Dice needs to properly balance a number of weapons. I'd like to see buffs to medic weapons and nerfs to bipod LMGs. What do you all think?
WilyWolverine

Add me on Xbox One. GT is WilyWolverine.
WilyWolverine
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:27 am

I like the Sturmgewehr 15 with a reflex sight for close quarters fighting, the m1A1 with a 3x scope for medium range gunfights, and the gewehr 43 with a 3x scope for long range engagements.

The SG 15 is great for spraying down enemies up close and personal but is difficult to control. The m1a1 is super accurate has hardly any recoil and allows for rapid trigger spamming. And the Gewehr 43 is really accurate and packs a punch if you can control the recoil.

All 3 are fun to use and very effective in the appropriate situation in my opinion.
WilyWolverine

Add me on Xbox One. GT is WilyWolverine.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Definitely would like a buff to the Medic SMGs. As for bipod LMG's, they are already at a disadvantage as you have to deploy the bipod to use most of them, the KE7 was already nerfed (and the MMG's are useless without the bipod). Granted once you deploy them properly they can be deadly, so for campers they work well, but in order to get from point A to B, you have to rely on your sidearm if you encounter anyone. I have been enjoying the VGO, though I get into too much trouble running to a point to cap it and run into an enemy, hip firing is completely useless and it takes way too much time to deploy the bipod.

As for the TTK, I only played a couple days since the change and didn't really notice much of a change. I did notice the single hit kill bug happened to me quite often where it just showed the enemy fire once and I was dead. Also, did they make a change to the Doritos popping up on the minimap, this past week I was looking on the minimap and enemies were not popping up like they used to, wasn't sure if something changed by Bungie or if I messed something up in my settings.

I still enjoy the game and whatever it takes to keep the most people playing works best for me. I wish that the last few BF games had the same GS following that BF3 and even BF4 did. Most nights we had almost a full team (or at least multiple squads) of GSers running in those games
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:56 am

i just started playing yesterday, and didn't notice anything i couldn't live with. they went with the quick ttk in medal of honor:warfighter, and it made the game unenjoyable for me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic