Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Anthem

Clan communications & game discussions for Anthem here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

yukongil
Level 4
Level 4
Main Platform: PS4

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:48 pm

I keep going back to the interceptor, even though it's made of twice-flushed toilet paper, but the mobility is so fun, even if a sneeze from a Scar on the other side of the map kills you.

Otherwise, it's Colossus, as shield charging through a group of enemies is maybe the most satisfying thing in the game, plus when you get the MW Impact mortar that heals you anytime you fire it, things get kind of easy on anything but GM2+

Fed Architect
Level 3
Level 3
Main Platform: XboxOne
United States of America

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:53 pm

Sorry Dunk, I got sidetracked by The Division 2. Not sure when I will get back to Anthem as we are preparing for a big move. Won't even have internet for about a week. I will hopefully be back on around the 20th of April.
Timeless164
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 4067

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:05 pm

Im new here but over 100 hours on Anthem and its the only PC game I currently play.

Looking for mates to run GM 1 & 2 with me (maybe carry me in GM3)

I play pretty much every day. USA East Coast 6pm-10pm. Most of the day on Sat/Sun.
yukongil
Level 4
Level 4

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:50 am

So what's everyone's favorite loadouts for your suits or that "must-have" piece of gear?

for general gear, I'm in love with the Cycle of Pain MW LMG, increased rate of fire with every weak point hit! My current version has a +70ish % bonus to armor and +125% damage for the weapon itself, so it can lay down some ridiculous hurt and I run it on pretty much all my javelins. Just picked up the LMG MW component as well, the 10th hit of a hit-streak freezes the enemy!

my main two are Ranger and the Colossus, in which case the MW torrent is fun to just shoot all day long and the explosive mortar that heals 35% of your armor when you fire it. I used to think that was overpowered though until this latest patch (1.04) where they changed up the Ranger component that now heals you when you get a two-hit streak. I've combined that with the Legendary Softened Blows component (75% damage resist when your shields go down) and the MW shotgun that heals 35% shields when at least 8 pellets land to be effectively invincible, especially to large bosses like the Tyrant. I've had him tapdance on my head while I fired into him and he couldn't kill me, I healed too fast, since they count a pellet hit with a shotgun as a hit-streak, so you're regenerating almost all your health and your shields with each shot (and you can't miss since he's so big. This combo has made the strongholds super easy.

Honorable mentions are the MW Devastator (sorry can't remember the name) as the explosion it causes once you've stacked a few debuffs on an enemy is pretty impressive (so far my best shot was on the Monitor for 95k), want to pair it with the Interceptor with their auto-reload component to cut out the 4 day reload time though.

Anywho, what about the rest of you Freelancers?
yukongil
Level 4
Level 4

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:21 am

so the newest patch drops today, with a new stronghold and supposedly all sorts of updates, gear, patches and the like.

anyone still playing this other than myself? If not and you were waiting for more content, this may very well be the time to jump back in your javelin.
J. Sovereign
Level 3
Level 3
Discord: 7365
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:01 pm

I paused for a second to let them get a for more updates. Plan on playing today and trying out the new stuff over the next few days if anyone is looking for someone to run with.
yukongil
Level 4
Level 4

Thu May 30, 2019 8:38 am

So they finally dropped the May update.
The Good: lots of bug fixes, some QoL improvements with most centered around Freeplay. Got some buffs for the javelins, nothing too ground-breaking, but nice little tweaks, esp for the Ranger and Interceptor. Got some changes to the enemies; finally got rid of the shields on the Dominion Brutes, which is great cause while they've upped their base health to compensate, you can actually effect them with stuff now.

The Meh; some files were setup for the cataclysm that will hopefully be taking place in June. Got some new armors and wraps in the pipe that look pretty cool as well as the files for new weapons, enemies and abilities (I put it in the Meh!, because until we actually see them they're just wind)

The Bad: with every new patch, there is bound to be something that is broken. So far I've found that in the consumable crafting menu, once you make one consumable, the icon will no longer move until you back out and go back into the menu...so that's annoying. I'm sure there is some other stuff but that's all I've found so far.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:34 am

Interesting. Maybe because I'm not at endgame yet, but the game never feels that bad to me. Sure there are moments when I wish that randoms would do what they're supposed to, but after a decade of playing Battlefield games, I'm not surprised. Still, updates are always good :D
yukongil
Level 4
Level 4

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:47 am

I play nearly every day still for several hours at a time. I've been level 30 since about 2 weeks after the main launch, and I still haven't found everything, I still enjoy all the missions, and I still just enjoy flying around and looking at all the stuff. Heck, I'm still farming for certain gear that I haven't even seen yet (though this is starting to get a tad annoying, been looking for a Destruction Tribute for my Colossus for a month and a half now and can't get one to drop).
yukongil
Level 4
Level 4

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:02 am

Bioware has finally released the cataclysm, and it is pretty freaking great. So if you were waiting for new content, then this is it! I'll post more about it in the Anthem section
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic