Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Creative Corner - Post Your Creations & Projects Here!

The topic for members to share their creations and side projects.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:36 am

HeadshotPenguin wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:12 am
I play the Piano, I used to play the Violin as a child, however moved on...
I've been wanting to learn how to play the Piano for quite sometime now. The only song I can play is Marry had a Little Lamb. I've tried teaching myself how to play, with youtube videos and books, but I just can't grasp the concept for some reason.

"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
Green_Man_1975
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:13 am

So, I was watching The Walking Dead last week. I watch it while having dinner on Sundays. Last Sunday while watching a zombie get shmushed, and with a mouthful of gumbo, I had an idea. To have a weekly dinner party where the dish served is to be as comparable in texture as to what the zombies appear visually. Such as a boiled corned beef brisket with beef gelatin or a braised tendon. Perhaps a dish served off the bone. Anyone got any slightly unnerving gastronomical suggestions?

Also, Happy Halloween everybody!

I've felt inspired to parody a song in Halloween/Walking Dead style.

[Sung to Paul Simon's Still Crazy After All These Years]

I 'et my old lover on the street last night
She seemed so sad to see me
I just growled
She shot me more than a few times
And I chewed off both her ears
Still walking after all these years
Oh, still walking after all these years

I'm not the kind of dead
Who tends to vocalize
I tend to moan
In unintelligible ways
You see, my tongue has rotted
And my mouth is full of neers*
Still walking after all these years
Oh, still walking after all these years

Four in the morning
Dawn of the Dead
Still Dawning
Forever dead, I'll stay
No need to hurry
Why should I
I can smell your brain

Now I grab at you through this window
You are protected by it's bars
I just want to munch upon you
This fine day
I'll find some way to get you
You and your tasty ears
Oh, still walking
Still walking
Still walking after all these years.

*The Private Eyes - 1980
Ninja Cow
Level 5
Level 5
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 3918
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:01 am

I am greatful, to have grown in Anytown USA.

Neighborhood kids, We tried our best
to copy USA's *Up All Night* Tv show called
Werewolf. Mostly with a VHS cam-corder, and
halloween masks...reminded me of the "Wonder Years"
or is that out dated. LoL

Later in the early 2000's. I befriended
a group, of early-interweb film students
I always wanted to *Make my own horror movies*
w/ script and volunteer *free* actors.

In 2010's. I made a Lightsaber hilt, out
of a motorcycle "Chopper" throttle. Never
did buy the electronics, but I was in a class
for Autorepair, and we learned some basics.
DrNiggle
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 6574
United States of America

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:51 pm

I've made props before, but the most complicated thing I ever tried at was a full Immortan Joe costume from Mad Max Fury Road, which went pretty darn well.

It sounds like you're already ahead of where I started: you know that just because a prop looks like it's made of metal, it might be made of plastic :lol: That's the biggest pice of advice I could give: figure out what you're very good at working with, and see if you can make the prop out of that.

For me it's always been woodworking and plastic molding. Thermoplastics are very easy to work with if you can make a mold for them and shape them around the mold. I got a bunch of Styrofoam insulation boards and glued them together in a stack to make a cube, then I cut away at the cube with hand saws and sandpaper to make (my) torso (plus a six pack), then used a heat gun to shape the plastic around it. That's just an example, it obviously works on any scale.

If you're much more ambitious, it is possible to make say, a lighstaber out of metal. I would sculpt the lightsaber out of Styrofoam since it's very easy to get the details using that, then bury it in sand with a Styrofoam sliver protruding out the top. I know where I can get some aluminum, and I have the ability to melt it, so once it's liquid I would pour it into the sand, aimed at the Styrofoam sliver, and the aluminum will vaporize the Styrofoam as it pours down to the lightsaber part. After a day, I'd dig up the thing, and after a little shaving and polishing it could look amazing.

My first degree is a BFA and I took a year or so of sculpting, so I'd like to think I know some inventive ways to blow money on creativity. :D :lol:
Erik
Level 2
Level 2
Discord: 2401

Games

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:20 am

I'm on of those gross greying haird metal heads. I rock an ernie ball sportsman, and about to get another Ernie... a 7 string majesty.

Love that Gothenburg stuff..
Goppfather
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:46 am

I initially thought I found someome to make high performance propellers for my outboard boat motor...
OctaTracker
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 6570
Sweden

Games

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:07 am

Hi. Im new here at Gunslingers. Im not sure if I can call myself a musician, even if others do.
I released two digital EP:s of ambient music on a US label called Cold Fiction Music. I did field recordings in train stations around Germany and mixed that up with abmient soft dub techno. Can be seen here https://cfmlabel.bandcamp.com/album/deutsche-bahn-ep and Spotify and Itunes and so on.
Nice reading all you other peoples stuff here! Cheers!
/Niklas
MargaritaMama
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:30 am

very nice Octa!
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 8319

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:08 pm

I've been getting more and more into my photography lately. I currently have a Canon Rebel T5. Beginner stuff, I know, but it's worked for me for a couple years now. But as I learn and experiment more with exposure, composition, lighting, etc, I'm starting to definitely feel the limitations of my current DSLR. So I'm in the market for a new one. Only problem is, I can't decide which to get.

I'm looking for something in the intermediate category. I'm no professional by any means, but I would like something that I can grow and learn with for at least a few more years before upgrading to something super expensive with all the bells and whistles. I've narrowed my choices down to several different cameras and they are, in no particular order:

Canon EOS 80D
Canon EOS 77D
Sony Alpha A7
Nikon D7200
Fujifilm XT20

I've done some extensive research into all these cameras and have even done side by side comparisons. From what I've tested, the Nikon D7200, the XT20, and the Sony Alpha A7 are pretty amazing machines capable of some amazing pictures. I especially like the Sony for its full frame capabilities. One problem is I'd have to buy all new lenses for them (or the lens mount adapter) since all my lenses are Canon. Not a big deal, these are all pretty decently priced machines so I could add a couple lenses before checking out :D

Each camera has its pros and cons. The 80D is fantastic, weather sealed, fast shutter speed, great quality images even at a high ISO. But it's got an older image processor and fewer AF points. The 77D has a newer image processor, but slower shutter speed and not as good with higher ISO in low light (and that pentamirror viewfinder as opposed to the pentaprism of the 80D... ugh). The Sony is full frame, beautiful image quality, but crappy battery life and not as fast at Auto Focus. You get the idea.

So if there are any photographers out there, amateur or pro or whatever, with some advice to help me decide, I'd love to hear it. Also, if I do go with a new brand of camera, I'd need some advice on lenses, wide angle, primes, telephoto, etc. Third party lenses as well, since I have a couple of those for my Canon and they work perfectly.

Help me out!!!
MargaritaMama
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:23 am

Spotify and other services can stream on your PS4 etc while you game in place of the game music. Who uses it? What music do you pair with what game? and give your fellow GSers links to public playlists to match their games!

I used to listen to a lot of Rage, Deftones, and My chemical Romance with Destiny and Destiny2, but they had such amazing game music too

For RDR2 I've discovered a public play list on Spotify "Fast Grass" that pairs well!
[url]]

I Know Gopp Likes "Big Rock Candy Mountain" on repeat when he plays :lol: :lol:

What is your favorite music while gaming?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic