Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

What Are you Currently Watching?

Let us know what series you are currently watching.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:23 pm

rambleon67 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:56 pm
Making our way through Breaking Bad (third time for me). I saw it when it originally aired and just got my wife to finally watch it. She now sees the light. Best show ever.

Planning to go back and watch The Wire again soon. At one point that was my "best show ever" but I don't think it was as consistent year to year as Breaking Bad.

We finally went back and caught True Detective (season one) recently which was quite good. The second season did not really grab us but we are going to start season three soon.

Others to consider if you haven't seen them: Broadchurch, The Killing, Occupied (this one was better than I expected), Black Mirror

Did anyone make it through Lilyhammer. I don't think I gave this one a good enough try to stick it out. Was one of those that I would put on late at night if I was working on something that didn't need 100% attention and I ended up missing too much of it to really get caught up in it so I do not know whether it was really worth it. But I like 'em quirky or dark (or even better if they are both) and so a Nordic Sopranos seemed like a possibility.
a lot of great shows there. i watched every episode of breaking bad, but haven't started a rewatch yet. i did for the wire, mainly because it is free with amazon prime. lillyhammer fizzled out for us too, after 5 or 6 episodes. after the superbowl commercial we took advantage of the 24 hour window and watched hannah. it will come out in march, and we'll be watching for sure. speaking of the killing the 2 stars return in hannah, on opposite sides this time.

coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:15 pm

started on Kingdom this week, on netflix. its korean with english subtitles. its a GoT type drama with crazy fast zombies thrown into the mix for fun. i wasn't so sure at 1st, but 5 episodes in and i can't wait to see where it goes.
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:45 pm

i started on a netflix series, World War II in colour. the footage is incredible, and they really go to great length to educate the viewer on what was happening and why. you don't need to be a history buff to enjoy it, but if you are its a must see.
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:42 pm

saw the ballad of buster scruggs over the weekend. 5 or 6 short stories. some were awesome, some not so much. as with any cohen brothers project the characters really grab me. i especially like the gold miner. they really immersed me into the character, and just what a hard baked character you'd have to be to do that for a living.
GasuMaskuBoi
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: XboxOne

Games

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:42 pm

i been on that PewDiePie tip lol im watching anything and everything hes pumping out and im actually amused. lol i enjoy his content. Also im a huge fan of Team Kalibur on youtube i follow their whole creative team lol
Duke de Doom
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 5728
United States of America

Games

Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:49 pm

I've been keeping current with The Orville. Just finished Identity, Part 2, and while I don't want to spoil for anyone who hasn't been watching or isn't caught up...but boy, what an amazing ride. Special effects were intense, action was edge of the seat, and humor was still on point at the right moments. All told, it's shaping up to be one of my favorite shows of all time.

Also been binge-watching older shows after making the switch from Netflix to Hulu; currently working my way through Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and might revisit the X-Files for the who-knows-how-many-times again after that.

Definitely looking forward to The Expanse, season 4 later this year. Can't wait!
terynax
Level 1
Level 1
Discord: 7074

Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:20 pm

I am bouncing between Runaways S2 and Daredevil S3, but slowly, while staying current with Good Place, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Superstore, Last Week Tonight - which was easier when they were all on hiatus - along with FBE, Jacksepticeye, SloMoGuys, Because Science, Kurzgesagt and PBS Space Time on YouTube. Also working my way through Futurama with my oldest son, but it is slow, given I have to spend half of each episode explaining why a lot of its humor was acceptable "back then." When I make it through Runaways and Daredevil, I'm considering Umbrella Academy next or back to The Expanse, and both Game of Thrones and Agents of Shield will be on the "stay current" list when they're back (soon). Have to work in a rewatch of Babylon 5 at some point too, but maybe The Orville will do - I originally heard it was really bad, but now it sounds like its good?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign intelligent life exists in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -- Calvin and Hobbes
Doee Kathryn
Level 4
Level 4
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0666
United States of America

Games

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:28 pm

I loved Lost in Space (the reboot...if you can call it that) on Netflix so much I've watched it twice already. Also Umbrella Academy!
I create sub-par humourous Fortnite (mostly) content just for fun. I like making people laugh :)
http://instagram.com/digitaldoee
acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:14 pm

Found a gem of a Canadian Comedy not long ago: Kim's Convenience.

It's about a somewhat dysfunctional Korean family that owns a convenience store.
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
Ninja Cow
Level 5
Level 5
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 3918
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:59 pm

BBC's the I.T. Crowd on Netflix *:thumbsup:* 4.9/5

Sascha Baron Cohen in "The Spy" season 1. *:thumbsup:* 5/5

Finished season 2 of Jack Ryan,
also if you like movies similiar to Breaking Bad check out "Queen of the South, and El Camino."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic