Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

The Epic Gunslingers Reboot Is Here - A Must Read for All Members!

Gunslingers are getting a new site & a chance to win a full priced game. Details within.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Welcome to a new era of the Gunslingers!

https://www.gunslingergaming.com/saloon

Starting now, the GunslingerGaming website is rebuilt on brand new software, down to the hosting at the above link. This not a new coat of digital paint. Our online oasis is rebuilt, re-imagined from scratch. Seeing that our registered domain will turn 10 years old in January 2019, this seemed like the perfect time to hit the ol' reset button.

And we needed to.

Our old site (this one where you are reading now) was built on decade old software, and it was becoming less and less relevant in today's standards of access via different devices. We had hit the virtual wall in regards to the updates we could make to our existing site, so a fresh start, not fresh paint, was necessary. Besides having a vastly improved site experience, the reboot means the following for all members:
  • You will need to re-register an account. This doesn't mean you are suddenly not a member. It just means that you will need to register again to use this platform.
  • You add yourself to Game Master Lists via your User Control Panel (here). More Master Lists on the way.
  • All existing members with 25 or more posts on the old site will receive a Old School Gunslinger badge, which will displayed under your avatar everyone on the forum.
  • All people who sign up to this new forum by November 1st, 2018 will receive a First Responder badge & be entered into a raffle for a free, full-priced game.
  • All old content will still be accessible via your old accounts, and future members will be able to read our rich history in read-only form.
  • Until the main domain moves over to this site, unsecure log-ins (ie: http vs https) are only present.
The Gunslingergaming.com main domain will switch over once the migration is complete. During the period in which we are giving members early access to the website, we will continue to use the subdomain address, but you will see reroutes from some of our old URLs included shortly . There are plenty still to do, and please be patient as I correct bugs along the way.

I will also be scrabbling to duplicate important posts from the old site to here in the coming days so the new members who will sign up after our "global" release will understand what the heck is going on. Staple items like our informational topic regarding Destiny 2 in-game clans come to mind as a good example. Please, please feel free to add your own content to the forum, as you will notice that the sections need to be populated. A raffle for a prize of a free full priced game will be coming soon, and all posts made now will be retro-count for the raffle.

Any questions, ideas, or concerns regarding the Gunslingers reboot are welcome as a reply to this topic.

This isn't our first rodeo, but we certainly are moving onto a new one.

Sincerely,
McMurphy

UPDATES:
Spoiler
Show
Update 10/24/2018
We still have a pending migration process, which should conclude in the next 48 hours. Depending any extra hurdles we have afterwards, the old forum will be referable to all members. I'll give its new URL for access when the process is complete. It absolutely our intention from the very start of this reboot that we keep the old site as a historical reference of everyone's prior activity.

www.gunslingergaming.com, www.shellslingers.com, & www.destinygunslingers.com all now point to the new site.

The Avatar Gallery is now an option when choosing an avatar on the forum. Via your User Control Panel, you can select from the main gallery or, in apt timing, the "Halloween" gallery of avatars.

Update 10/25/2018
Great news! The migration is almost complete! All that is left to do is to detach the primary domain (gunslingergaming.com) from the old hosting, & add attach it to the new hosting. After that point, you will only need to remember our normal URL to get to the new site. I will be calling the tech back tomorrow morning when everything is done processing to finalize the move.

Also, in the meantime, we all have access to the old forum again here: http://temp.gunslingergaming.com/old

You can log into it as normal. After the final URLs are established you will see easy to find links back to the old site. Registration will be disabled at that point, but anyone with a pre-existing membership will still be able to access their accounts and content.

Update 11/4/2018
Congratulations to ZweiSchuppen for winning the First Responder raffle!

His name was randomly pulled in the drawing. I will be private messaging the member with details regarding the free full game of his choice.

MargaritaMama
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:07 pm

You are amazing Murph! Fantastic job on the reboot!
Bullet_stopper5
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:20 pm

Great job. Thanks for all your hard work.
Deathrabbit
Level 3
Level 3
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:40 pm

The new site looks awesome, thanks for your hardwork on everything
Uraxatrol
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Nice job! Thanks for the reboot!!
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:11 pm

Thanks, everyone.

In case you are wondering about the old site, we still have all the files. It should be back up after the migration is complete (and I assume I will need to update its config file so it can point to its new sub domain).

Also, don't be afraid to give me a private message if you think I am missing you in the badge assignments. You aren't being pushy, and I can certainly miss things!
CapnCowboy
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:26 pm

You know, this looks great! Congratulations on this AND 10 years!! Job well done Murph!
Games are meant to be fun, so be nice!
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Keep it up man! I love the new website.
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
HeadshotPenguin
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Level 8
Level 8
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 7178

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:18 am

Awesome job Murph...

Boo to DaddyNo No
Lamporello
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 5955
Germany

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:56 am

Great job with the new site, Murphy! Thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic