Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Path of Exile - Blight aka Tower Defense League

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

theL33tness
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:20 pm

So with the announcement of Blight league, who's excited for the new league mechanic? I'm not sold on the new league mechanic, hopefully it turns out to be fun but holy crap I'm excited for the quality of life changes 3.8 is bringing. Masters stacking their missions to chain when you want to sounds fantastic! Cannot wait for that. Glad they're including Legion mechanic into the base game too. This league has been a lot of fun. I'm excited to see what the class changes will be for Saboteur. Been a while since I did a mines build. Summoner changes sound cool too. Overall some excitement for me for the new league, not sold on the league mechanic yet but time will tell. What ascendancy change are you most excited about and anybody keen for the new Tower Defense mode?

dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:16 am

The whole tower defense seems kinda silly to me, but POE never lets me down. I'm loving the return of the poison assassin, which should make for some fun play time. And the witch is my most played class so having her necromancer ascendancy reworked is a huge plus since that's what I love doing with her.

Might have to give the mine build another try. I never could play like that, so maybe this time around will be different. Might have to make a thief just so I can get my poison assassin on.
theL33tness
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:25 am

Yeah, I'm struggling to see myself enjoy tower defense in my typical ARPG hack and slash gameplay but GGG seems to make things fun that at first seem like terrible ideas.

I was considering a return to Poison Assassin since I haven't player assassin much at all. I really love the mines play style. I did a Glacial Cascade Mines build that was really fun to play and just melts entire screens of monsters. Super fun to watch and play but it isn't as fluid as say Cyclone where you just hold a button and zip through mobs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic