Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Crash Team Racing - HD Remake W/ Online!

A full fledged HD remake of Crash Team Racing is coming out in 2019.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:34 pm

Do any of you have fond memories of Crash Team Racing back in the PSOne days? Well, it is getting a full-on HD remake, complete with online racing in 2019! The game will be available on the Xbox One, PS4, and the Nintendo Switch on June 21st, 2019. Here is the promotional trailer that ran during this year's Video Game Awards Show:

What do the rest of you think? For me, it is a no brainer: I will be picking the game up at launch. It was the game that got my now wife into gaming, and the story mode of the game is quite fun as well. The idea that I can take the racing online to race with/against the rest of you has been something I have wanted to do ever since getting my first taste of online kart racing back with Mario Kart Wii.

The game clearly strives to be the Crash franchise's Diddy Kong Racing but, honestly, I always liked it better than the inspiration.

Korchie
Level 5
Level 5
Discord: 9370
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:29 am

omg, why am I just now seeing this?!?

This is a definite buy for me. Also a tough choice between buying it on PS4 or Switch, but I'd have to go Switch so I can play it on the go.

...unless my GS friends all buy it for PS4.

I absolutely LOVED this game. I spent sooo much time on it with PS1. Sewer Speedway was my track.
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:14 pm

As long as the versions come out on at the same time, I am getting my copy on the Nintendo Switch.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic