Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Switch Nintendo Directs - June 2022 & Onwards!

This topic chronicles & links the Nintendo Directs as they happen, beginning in June 2022.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:04 pm

Instead of making separate topics for each of the Nintendo Directs, posting them all into a single topic moving forward may serve as a better resource. The timing of this decision makes the June 22nd, 2022 Nintendo Direct focused on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 serve as a starting point.

Here is a direct link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHvpS2x8us

Reactions? Are you getting the game?

Personally, I plan on getting the game, although I probably won't do so on release date. I am SO far behind on the series, that I feel like I should at least complete one of the previous titles I own before moving onto the third installment.

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Today's Nintendo Direct was a Mini Partner one, but, if you ask me, it had a good amount of information. Here is the presentation in you missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKB3WXRWTCM

Reactions?

Highlights for me was the Pac World (Re Pac) game, Dragon Quest Treasures, Noir, & the Persona games coming to the Nintendo Switch.
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:11 pm

Finally! A real Direct occurred in September 2022. What did the rest of you think?

https://youtu.be/UJ9Iz7HhU-I
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
United States of America

Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:31 pm

Okay, the 2023 Winter Nintendo Direct streamed today at 9AM Pacific Time. If you haven't had a chance to watch the 40 minute long video, I recommend doing so before reading the rest of this thread. The video in question is embedded below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfYfuAOKTxA

Thoughts? Reactions?

My initial thoughts are as follows...
Spoiler
Show
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: I knew it! We are getting Pauline & Diddy Kong! If you go back to a very old podcast episode of Shellslingers before Mario Kart 8 was released, Pauline was on my wish list. Funky Kong & Peachette also being added? I have too many bad memories of racing against an overpowered Funky Kong during the Mario Kart Wii days, so I will make sure to target anyone racing as him in the future. ;)

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door: I am all in. I am glad to see that get a HD update, & I will is a guaranteed pick up when it finally drops in 2024.

F-Zero 99: I didn't see this one coming! Now, I have VERY little history with F-Zero series, but I support any retro Nintendo franchise getting the "99" treatment. Downloading it & trying it out is a for-sure thing...as is getting my butt stomped in the races.

Other Notes: I still plan on getting Super Mario Wonder, Luigi Mansion 2 HD, Peach's solo game (glad to see more footage), and I will pick up Mario vs Donkey Kong.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic