Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

MK8D Tournament & Raffle! - March 18th, 2022

Join us this Friday in a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournament & Raffle to celebrate the new tracks release!

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:52 am

marchtourn.jpg
Hell must have frozen over despite global warming because Nintendo is releasing new tracks for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe until 2023! The first set of tracks will be playable this Friday, March 18th! Sounds like the perfect occasions for awake the long slumbering Shellslingers Tournament, right?!

Join us from 4pm to 6pm Pacific Time on March 18th (Frosty Pints Friday!) in a public tournament (see pic) as we race in celebration of the new tracks. Results will be shared here & in our various social medias for gloating purposes. ;) You don't need to be a top tier kart racer to win something, however. Any verified member of this site is also automatically entered into a raffle to win a $20 eShop Card! Please let the rest of us know in a reply to this topic what name you are racing under in case we can't figure out who is who.

We will also be sharing in good cheer by using our Discord voice chat, so be sure to head that way while racing for some first impressions, in real time!

In case you are a Mario Kart fan AND also enjoying living under a boulder, the official Nintendo video will catch you up to speed regarding the new track DLC coming out on the 18th:

See you all on Friday! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Antinull
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Games

Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:26 am

I'll be racing as antinull if I make it
Merky Water
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:34 pm

I will be there with shells on!

Racing under the name GS*Merky W ...just to confuse ya ;)
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:29 pm

I just want to say that I had a blast racing with all of you last week! Sure, it would have been nice if Nintendo didn't pull a "Nintendo Move" and actually cycled the new tracks with the Tournament feature, but it was still a lot of fun. The results from the Tournament room is copied below:
Tourny.jpg
After the Tournament, @ShaX opened a Friend Room so we could actually get some DLC Tracks Only racing in. Thank you! A screen grab of results (while I was there, anyway) is also copied below:
FriendRoom.jpg
The only business to still take care of is the Raffle! So, with no more waffling, the winner of the Raffle is...

... @Merky Water ! CONGRATUATIONS!

The winner was picked by using an online random number generator, & the winner will receive the code to redeeming the prize of a $20 Nintendo eShop Card via a private message here on the GS Forums. Thanks again for the good times, everyone! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Merky Water
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:10 am

I turned on tilt controls just long enough to skew the number generator in my favor ;)

Thanks @McMurphy for continuing to bring us together for great times! Thanks @ShaX for decoding how Nintendo wanted us to find the new tracks.

Also, I got quite a kick out of the voice comms. That particular night, I could only listen in but it was a riot.

And thanks to whoever gave a shoutout about the 90 degree turn on that new ninja track as they ate a guardrail I believe it may have been @Antinull . While I eskimo-kissed plenty guardrails myself, thankfully, i was back just far enough to be helped by this headsup.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic