Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Nintendo Switch Sports

Nintendo, Switch, Sports, test run, bowling, tennis

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Merky Water
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:17 pm

Well folks, seems as though Nintendo is roping me in for a go at their fourth installment of Sports fun.

The test run of the game releasing in April is 3/5ths over now. Any thoughts?

Anyone hopping in on either of the last two 45min test runs?

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:52 pm

I am so happy this title is coming out. I will try to get this downloaded this weekend to see how the trial goes.
Merky Water
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:50 pm

I was able to catch 3 of the 5 opportunities to try the game and, on the whole, very much enjoyed it!

There was a bit of a hiccup for the first 15min or so during the first test when I would get disconnected. But I guess that's part of why they have these tests to check the strain the servers may face.

Once the disconnections stopped, I had quite a bit of fun. Slightly disappointed they only let us try 3 of the sports and only one mode in each of those sports. However, those 3 were done extremely well! I especially enjoyed the "survival bowling." Up to 16 people get to bowl simultaneously during this mode and each roll is allocated a maximum of 15 seconds to keep it moving. Every 3 frames, the lowest scoring players are sent packing. I see a ton of potential to some Frosty Pint fun with this mode!

This installment of Nintendo Sports plays the most realistic yet! Certain little controller tricks that had become staples of my play in earlier titles just won't cut it anymore. I used to be able to just give a quick flick on my wrist to get the bowling roll I desired as well as could actually loft an overhand shot when I wanted the roll to stay absolutely straight. They have disarmed me from my tricks and I welcome playing a bit more like real life. I do wish they'd add some features (like choosing bowling ball weight) but it's cool to see them adding fatigue to your tennis player(s) if you overrun them.

Looking forward to the release date and will certainly be getting it. The question is whether to go physical or digital. While I have a leg strap from Ringfit, the multiplayer aspect of this title makes me desire another. Then again, I could just buy another strap ...or craft my own after hunting down the secret ingredients(2 N95 Masks, some Chuchu Jelly, a Paperclip, 3 Sneaky River Snails and a heaping cup of Hearty Durian.) But who has a pot big enough to cook all that together? Physical will also be a plus as there are multiple Switches in this household.
Off Topic

Hurry up April 29th!
Merky Water
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:21 am

Stumbled upon a pro tip for all you Sports Fans out there:

So, we know those lovely leg straps retail for $9.99(US) each. Granted, they fit comfortably, but squaring the expense of more than one of these had me scratching my head.

There's a game called "Active Life: Outdoor Challenge" from our good friends at Bandai Namco that comes with two(2) Nintendo branded leg straps included with the physical copy. The straps are identical to the one that comes with Ring Fit Adventure down to the item number.

Anyhow, the game used to be $49.99 but I scooped it up when it was on a sale for $29.99 figuring, after factoring it the two straps, the game was only going to cost me $10. While I think the game is worth $10, it certainly isn't as fleshed out as Ring Fit Adventure and Switch Sports, but it's fun and should be good for parties if not an actual workout.

Currently, Target has Active Life: OC on sale for a whopping $19.99. However you slice it, that's a deal as the straps alone will cost you that AND, if you're planning to field half a soccer team in Switch Sports, scooping up this game will certainly get you on your way for leg straps.

Ring Fit Adventure is the far superior workout game but is still going to run you about $70 or $80 with only one leg strap and the ring. While that ring is amazing, at present, I believe the game it comes with is the only one to utilize it.

Scoop a copy up of either or both if you can and see ya on the Sports field end of April or early May!
gotBurner
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 9858

Mon May 02, 2022 4:10 am

Well this is something I need to pick up. In fact Im off work today, so maybe Ill try to score it to my switch this afternoon!
gotBurner
Level 1
Level 1

Well this is something I need to pick up. In fact Im off work today, so maybe Ill try to score it to my switch this afternoon!
gotBurner
Level 1
Level 1

Mon May 02, 2022 4:12 am

gotBurner wrote:
OOOPS - it double posted me!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic