Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Super Smash Bros. Utimate - The Final Fighter

The Smash presentation regarding the final DLC for the game occurred today.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:54 pm

The long trek of DLC for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which Nintendo has done a fantastic job at supporting, has finally come to an end with the reveal of the last fighter to join the fray. The presentation is quite meaty---clocking in at 42 minutes!---so no wonder Nintendo wanted to keep it separate from the September 2021 Direct announcements. If you have watched the above presentation, what do you think?

Here are my main take-aways from the final Smash Direct:
  • The presentation was well done. Clearly, a lot of love & care has been put into the franchise.
  • Sora is a decent choice. Not among my favorite characters, but I can see how other people would be excited.
  • Sora was the actual winner of the 2016 official poll regarding the fighter people would want to be added. I remember that poll. Interesting he was the winner, and it wasn't revealed until now.
  • Disappointed that the Kingdom Hearts trilogy is coming to the Switch as Cloud-based games. If they came out in physical forms, I would have picked them up. Cloud only, though? That is a hard skip for me.
  • I dig the DOOM Mii Fighter costume.