Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Nintendo Direct 9/23/2021

Thoughts on Nintendo's live steam regarding 2021-2022 game announcements.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:08 pm

The official recording of September 23rd, 2021'a Nintendo Direct, Nintendo's live stream of upcoming games is embedded below:

What are your initial reactions to the Direct? Even for non Nintendo gamers among us, there could be interesting releases around the corner. If you don't wish to have any spoilers, please don't read my below thoughts until you have watched the above video.

Overall, I really liked this Direct. The highlights for me (and my son, who watched as well) are...
  • Marty Party Superstars - Okay, I never thought I would be looking forward to a Mario Party title, but a "best of" package with FULL online support has got me interested.
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land - This is a must-buy for our household. Not because I personally love the Kirby franchise; rather, my son & I have played through current Switch title several times and it is a great co-op for a parent-child combo. Glad to see a full 3D entry this time around, too.
  • Chocobo GP - Well, not really. The game looks to be yet another knock off of the Mario Kart formula. That said, if the game includes Dragon Quest characters as unlocks, I may give this kart racer a go.
  • Disney's Magical World 2: The Enchanted Edition - My son wants it. 'nuff said.
  • Metroid Dread - Not sure anyone needs to see more footage of the game since Nintendo has done a stellar job putting pre-release content out on the internet, but I have this game pre-ordered.
  • N64 & SEGA Genesis Games Coming to Nintendo Online Service - Yes. I am ALL for the library of games growing in the subscription program. While I will pass on ordering the wireless SEGA controller, I will get the Nintendo 64 one for novelty reasons alone.
  • Castlevania Gameboy Advance Collection - Yep. I love the older Castlevania games. I immediately downloaded it from the eShop.
  • Shadowrun Collection - Depending on the price point, I will probably pick this up. If there is a physical copy, even more likely.
  • Super Mario Bros Film - I am actually really excited to see the end product. The voice cast certainly speaks of a lot of talent, and the choices seem so surreal.
  • Bayonetta 3 - Yep, I am getting it. It reminds me that I still haven't picked up the first two games.
Okay, those are my initial reactions to the Direct. What are your thoughts?

acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:19 pm

Oh man, SO stoked about all the N64 stuff coming to Switch. They are talking about online multiplayer for some games. Online MK 64...would be insane!

With Banjo Kazooie slated for a later release, I can truly only hope that Goldeneye 64 is released. My favourite game of all time.
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic