Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

The Bluecoats: North & South

A NES classic returns to the Nintendo Switch!

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:51 am

I don't know if anyone else has fond memories playing against friends in North and South on the original Nintendo, but it looks like the remake, The Bluecoats: North & South, is returning to the Nintendo library on October 27th, 2020.

On the NES, I remember it was a game I was first disappointed with when I made it a weekend rental. Fast forward to that night when my friend, his brother, and I stayed up until 5am in the morning cursing and howling in laughter over our attempts to sabotage each other or defeating the other's entire army with a suicidal horse. When we finally DID let the console cool off and change the channel, we were greeted with the music video, "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred. Somehow, that made hilarious sense at the time.

Anyway...

I plan on getting this game. How about you?

acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:49 pm

I somehow ended up with this game free through Steam. Have played it a couple of times, seems like it might be alright on the Switch!
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
Merky Water
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:01 pm

I ended up picking it up. Enjoy the swap from Strategy game to FPS then back again.

Now that I finally ponied up for a little bit of Nintendo online, I guess I should revisit to see if it had online multiplayer features
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic