Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Rocket League going free to play September 27th

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

GOODKyle
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 8737

Games

Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:56 am

Correction: September 23rd

I've had it since launch and played a ton, but "retired" not too long ago due to ranked being a toxic hell pit or people not being properly ranked and ruining the experience for everyone. However, with the free to play update comes new tournament modes and items. It's interesting enough to bring out the thrice champion ranked gamer in me.

Anyone else jumping into the game for the first time or on the new modes for this recent update?

theL33tness
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:27 pm

I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. Such an easy game to monetize via skins. Hopefully it breathes new life into the game. I know it's still pretty popular and this could bring in new revenue streams for people that get addicted for the first time. I won't be jumping in but that's cause I have like absolutely no co-ordination in that game and I'm just awful at it.
GOODKyle
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:45 pm

Stay away from ranked and the game can be really fun. Your mishaps will probably have humor in them, but that's part of learning. I have no problem teaching you the ropes.
theL33tness
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Thanks, appreciate that, my nephews tried in vein. They even told me how I wasn't that bad despite scoring more own goals than the opponents did :)
GOODKyle
Level 1
Level 1

Games

Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:56 pm

You should see how you perform against easy ai bots in a private match. If you are absolutely terrible there, then maybe Rocket League isn't for you in terms of you having a good time. But that would be the best place to start and find out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic