Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

New World - Amazon's MMORPG

All discussion & information regarding New World.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:50 pm

newworldbanner.jpg
Who here is playing New World?

I ask because I have seen a good amount of chatter about the game on our Discord server. Because of that, I was curious who has or is planning to pick up Amazon's plunge into game publishing. First impressions?

Here is some initial Gunslinger information about the game: Launch Trailer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Voodou
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 3374
United States of America

Games

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:02 pm

I'm enjoying it quite a bit, haven't taken part of any PvP/wars as of yet, and feel Amazon has made some lousy decisions as far as server population and queues go.
Where are we going, and why am I in a handbasket?
Forest Gremlin
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 8456
United States of America

Games

Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:55 pm

Agreed on the server populations & queues.
I have done a bit of the PvP, seems pretty balanced aside from the spear wielders and the wars are interesting to watch at the least but have not tried to join one either.
The thing I have found that is the most fun is the Corrupted Breeches.

Kriv99
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: PS5
Discord: 3506
United States of America

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:20 pm

I'm playing a bit, only lvl 12. Not sure how this 3 faction per server situation is going to shake out. With a billion servers, people are going to move to server where they are the dominant force. It will be interesting to see.
wirt rechner
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Games

Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:48 pm

Its pretty fun.... Different from other mmo.... mostly heavy on crafting. So far a very enjoyable game. more interested in crafting and PVE.... Haven't tried PVP.... There is definitely a lot to do in this game. Complains of bricking 3090s, just turn vsync on to be safe, hope they patch this soon.
Trelephant
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 0805
United States of America

Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:37 am

So my thoughts...

The game feels a little like Monster Hunter. Very loosely, but enough to make me think of it. So far I'm not sure if I'm impressed or bored. The tutorials are pretty minimal, and I am having trouble telling how to find things on the map like resources. It's pretty tutorial heavy initially, and then they kind of throw you to the wolves. Now Valheim was similar, however that game was far less complex, so easier to figure out on your own.

On the plus side, the combat system is really forgiving, as I've stumbled into some weird situations. I've just hit level 10, I'm not 100% sure how I got that far, but I'm going to keep plugging along slowly as the game seems like it has some potential. All in all I think I like it, it's just going to take some time to grow on me.
Kriv99
Level 2
Level 2
Main Platform: PS5
Discord: 3506
United States of America

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:30 am

I found this site helpful for resources and other location. https://www.newworld-map.com/#/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic