Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Anthem and The Division 2[poll]

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Which one are you picking up for PC? Or are you getting both for PC?

The Division 2
49%
Anthem
47%
Not picking up either
4%

Total votes: 55
acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:52 pm

Never played The Division, so I am not really looking at the sequel at all.

I have Origin Access, so I get Anthem included in that. So I guess by default I will play Anthem at some point in time? Although I have no real interest in it. Hopefully it is a surprise game in 2019 for me.

Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
DocMysterio
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Main Platform: XboxOne

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:53 am

Played the Anthem demo both weekends and did not like it.
I loved The Division and will pick up The Division 2.
Hoping to find some friends to play the end game content this time.
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:58 pm

i played anthem on the open demo weekend and decided it was a buy on sale game. Currently playing the division 2 beta and have already preordered the game and will be playing from day 1.
Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 9190

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:37 am

I played Anthem both demo weekends (the first was a mess) both times it seemed far too buggy to be this close to release but i loved the game. i hear its not much better on early access but ill findout on the 22nd (preorder ps4) thanks guys for doing an extra week of testing to prep for my arrival! LOL. I loved The division & i also have it preordered for PS4. The Division 2 certainly had its bugs but it was not even close to Anthems problems. My biggest fear for The Division 2 is that all the PVP complaints would turn it into another COD clone. when i played the Beta i was glad to see that it was still a solid PVE mmorpg shooter the sort of thing we were missing for a long time. now there are alot wildlands, destiny, Defiance & now Anthem (im sure im missing a few) but we dont have near as many as the streight pvp shooters. in the Division 1 i liked the DZ when there was a chance players might attack but it turned into an aboration where that is all people were there for (a mode that was never intended) slowly the (always Vocal) PVP focussed player base (minority i belive) turned it into a place that was no longer for myself & players like me. These days i just ignore its existenc & focus on the wealth of PVE content that the PVP community sees as simply a means to an end. (just to be clear, im not referring to players who enjoy PVP & PVE equally, i belive they are the intended audience)
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:02 pm

I was excited for anthem, but after playing the open beta, i decided that it was a wait to buy until it went on sale, which i figured would happen in a couple of months. But after playing the division 2 beta i was all in and positive i will put in as many hours as i have in the first game. Both had their bugs, but like you said the division 2 seemed like it was in a much better state and has way more content from day one. I also agree that the vocal minority of PvP players ruined the DZ for most of us, but it seems that the PvE players have found their voice on reddit and the forums and have done their best to turn the first one around and influence the second one so that it doesn't turn into the first one. well here is to hoping the have anyway
Novaborn1
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 9190

Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:21 pm

Im really glad for the confirmation that im not alone Gobi! :D
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:16 am

well i know i have tried to do my part on reddit and the forums for the division and the division 2 as well, i am there at least once a week if not more. My son is looking forward to anthem, but i told him we were waiting to buy it as it wasn't ready yet, he was a bit bummed but he understood. he started getting back in to the division last night so he might be wanting the division 2 as well, which will push anthem back a little bit more, but i think he will be happy with the division 2, he really like the first one. I felt really bad when he had to start all over due to having to get a new steam account and uplay account(he was using my ex's accounts and didn't want her to lock him out of gaming so made a secondary accounts so he can use that and not have to worry)
TerminusV
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 4884
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:24 am

I loved Div. 1, and when 2 came along I got the 250 dollar phoenix bundle with the 12 inch action figure and all that. I have not tried anthem either. but have considered trying it.
TerminusV
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
Discord: 4884
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:28 am

Div 1 was great. I went all out on 2 and got the phoenix bundle for $250 with the 12" action figure. I considered trying anthem .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic