Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Warframe vs Destiny 2

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

RazzleSizzle
Level 3
Level 3
Main Platform: PS4

Games

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:12 pm

I'm looking for another MMO to jump into and I like what I have been reading about Destiny 2 and Warframe. If you could only play one of these, which would it be and why?

BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:02 am

Really depends on you. I have well over 1,000 hours of game-time in Destiny and Destiny 2, but lately, I have not played much as it does become a grind after a while and the latest DLC has not interested me enough to come back. I will probably venture back at some point. I have only played Warframe an hour or two, granted that was back when it first came to PS4.

The biggest difference for me is that I prefer 1st person to 3rd person. I would say with Warframe being F2P you may want to give that a try first and if it fits what you are looking for then stick to that. D2 is a great game, but the biggest issue is finding players to work through the end game content with. Sure you can use LFG's like the100 to play that, but I prefer to play with a consistent group, especially when raiding so that you develop and work as a team.

Hopefully, you can get some responses from people that have put significant time into both games to give you a better perspective, I just have never really given Warframe a shot as I didn't like the gameplay.
RazzleSizzle
Level 3
Level 3

Games

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:44 pm

Thanks for the info BD. I tried to get into Destiny when it first came out and even played the BETA. My copy of the game is still in the shrink wrap. I always wanted to get into it, especially after they released The Taken King. I wasn't even aware of Warframe until it started popping up on my PS4 timeline.
dunkaroo69
GS Advisor
GS Advisor
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 8319

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:03 pm

I prefer Warframe to Destiny. You get a whole lot of game for absolutely zero dollars.

I’m the opposite end: I prefer 3rd person to first so it has that going for it. Gameplay for me is also quicker than Destiny and doesn’t feel nearly as grindy. I love the weapons and I love the ability to craft other Frames, of which there are many. Don’t want to play stealth? Grab a Rhino. Don’t want to be a tank? Try Loki.

The immense level of variety in the game makes it a fantastic choice for anyone wanting a loot shooter game. You can go fast and hack and slash your way through a mission in minutes. Or you can take things nice and slow. Whatever your play style.
RazzleSizzle
Level 3
Level 3

Games

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks for the insight Dunkaroo. How do the missions play out? Is it an open world or are the missions selected from a central hub? My primary experience with MMO has been on FFXIV and Fallout 76.
DrNiggle
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 6574
United States of America

Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:01 am

@RazzleSizzle I also recommend Warframe :D

There are 6 or 7 standard mission types with objectives and goals, then a bunch of unique missions with their own objectives. The first open-world free roam content was added a year ago; you get to run around the plains on Earth and get into all sorts of trouble. There's also a new open-world free roam map for Venus now: Orb Valis.

Missions are selected from your personal ship, or the observatory in our Dojo, or on a space station. For free roam, just select Cetus or Fortuna, travel there and walk out the door. Grouping up is easy (click a button, select a friend or 3).

The main appeal to Warframe for me is how enormous a game it is. There is already so much content between missions, gear, mods, amps, arcanes and collectibles, and DE is adding major expansions once a year, for free. The only thing to beware of is that it takes time (12-24 hours or sometimes 3 days real-time) to craft things, and you can speed them up by spending the ingame currency, so DE makes money off impatience.

Besides that it's almost the perfect 3rd person action adventure loot-based PvE/PvP multiplayer game with space ninjas.
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:16 pm

having played both Destiny 2 and warframe, i prefer warframe. Destiny 2 just feels like a grind, almost like a second job. Where warframe is something you can pick up and just have fun blasting shit, or running with friends. Now there is still a grind to warframe and a way to level up faster, but the grind isn't like a job. And like @DrNiggle said you can speed things up with plat, but the good news is if you play it often enough you usually get a 70% off coupon of plat, and i recommend buying some when you get those at least a couple of times. You can also use it to buy weapons and frames if you don't want to grind out finding the parts and waiting for them to build. I have done that a few times myself. But i still have spent less on warframe than i have on destiny 2 and i have been playing warframe off and on since 2013.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic