Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Destiny 2

Clan communications, in-clan info, & game discussion for Destiny 2 within.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

PrivatePixel
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:02 pm

On the one hand, a 600 PL weapon would offer a decent bump to my current overall PL (sitting at 570 right now), but beyond the pursuit of 600, I don't enjoy the Haunted Forest as much as others do (not a fan of dimly-lit environments). I loved auto rifles in year one, but other weapon classes have surpassed this in year 2, and in need of a serious buff to be considered relevant once more (there are exceptions such as Tigerspite, but more of an exception, rather than the rule). I'm in no rush to get to 600, so after playing the Forest a handful of times, I decided to pursue the vanity items from this event instead.

acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:37 pm

renaldafeen wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:33 am
Just picked it up for PC on Friday, so I'm kind of in the same situation. Lost interest in D2 almost immediately and the DLCs didn't do much to change that.

I have to say, though, this expansion is pretty incredible. For the past three days I'm continually asking, 'where the heck was all this stuff a year ago??!' I'm not sold on the story (typ. Bungie), but almost everything else is engaging and unless you're aiming at a specific activity ASAP that needs higher PL or specific gear - like raiding, competitive Crucible, etc. - it really seems set up where it's pretty fun no matter what you focus on.
Pretty much in exactly the same boat. I stopped playing after I finished the campaign first time around after launch, haven't touched it or any DLC up until now. Really been enjoying coming back to it. On PC FYI.
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
10DollaOffCupon
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:17 am

I'm seeing a lot of the same comments about this and what has been posted here is no different. It's cool but could be better.
Personally, I would like to see more chests to find, possibly secret bosses to spawn. All too often a branch opens 2 paths but 1 doesn't go anywhere. I think it would be cool if there was an option, focus on clearing more branches, or focus on secrets/chests.
This mode definitely has potential, just needs tweaking.
10DollaOffCupon
Level 8
Level 8

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:25 am

After the main story there are some smaller quest lines separate from the adventures.

There are some pretty grindy exotic quests, (looking at you Sleeper Simulant) and some pretty fun adventures. All in all, this was a good expansion. I get lost trying to get stuff done.

Gambit was a fantastic addition and there's an exotic quest that you can only get from Gambit. Kinda a pain to get it to start tho.
Zer0Burn75
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PC
United States of America

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:38 am

10DollaOffCupon wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:25 am
After the main story there are some smaller quest lines separate from the adventures.

There are some pretty grindy exotic quests, (looking at you Sleeper Simulant) and some pretty fun adventures. All in all, this was a good expansion. I get lost trying to get stuff done.

Gambit was a fantastic addition and there's an exotic quest that you can only get from Gambit. Kinda a pain to get it to start tho.
Getting the sleeper was sooooooooo worth it though. All the Salt that I have mined since I started using it in Gambit it amazing. When I play Gambit on the weekends I end up with a Metric Butt-Ton of Salt in the form of messages from players who I snipe(I only target those who are carrying motes). I am on a MASSIVE streak. I think i am at a 10 streak right now.
Zer0Burn75
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:08 am

10DollaOffCupon wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:17 am
I'm seeing a lot of the same comments about this and what has been posted here is no different. It's cool but could be better.
Personally, I would like to see more chests to find, possibly secret bosses to spawn. All too often a branch opens 2 paths but 1 doesn't go anywhere. I think it would be cool if there was an option, focus on clearing more branches, or focus on secrets/chests.
This mode definitely has potential, just needs tweaking.
The Ascendant Chests in Dreaming City make things a little fun. there are 30 of them(10 per week of the curse). there are a ton of hidden things.
PrivatePixel
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:40 am

Interesting that folks brought up the Sleeper Simulant. Got mine a couple of weeks ago; haven't used it anywhere since I picked it up. This would be fantastic for some of the tougher bosses, but even then, I find it hard to give up my Sins of the Past. Also, I got the Sleeper after I completed the Wing Contender gear set and got my Trust and Bygones, so there's not much incentive to keep playing Gambit. It's a fun mode, but there's no denying that the Sleeper's ubiquity and overpowering presence left many unhappy, and it needed to be addressed within Gambit (the upcoming ammo and aim changes coming in next week's patch is a start).
renaldafeen
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:18 pm

Hey folks - as a noob here, I'm curious how y'all usually schedule raids, nightfalls, quests, E.P.s, etc.

I've been using the100.io exclusively for this sort of thing for a few years now, and although I'm not a Discord or phpBB expert, I don't know of anything on either of those that's as convenient as the100.

I see that there are three GS groups on the100 for Destiny - PS3, PS4 and XB1 , but nothing for PC. Am I just not finding it? Was there not enough interest on PC?

TIA for your thoughts.
Zer0Burn75
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:22 pm

PrivatePixel wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:40 am
Interesting that folks brought up the Sleeper Simulant. Got mine a couple of weeks ago; haven't used it anywhere since I picked it up. This would be fantastic for some of the tougher bosses, but even then, I find it hard to give up my Sins of the Past. Also, I got the Sleeper after I completed the Wing Contender gear set and got my Trust and Bygones, so there's not much incentive to keep playing Gambit. It's a fun mode, but there's no denying that the Sleeper's ubiquity and overpowering presence left many unhappy, and it needed to be addressed within Gambit (the upcoming ammo and aim changes coming in next week's patch is a start).
Wait until you get a Bad Omens with Tracking and Cluster bombs, that Sins will get deleted hard and fast. Believe me when I say there is a ton of incentive to play Gambit. Now that the Aim Assist has been dropped on the Sleeper it does make it a bit harder because it does lock to PvE targets faster that PvP targets. Once they lower the amount of ammo you get it will make it a little less fun too. The only people that it left really unhappy are those players that are not aware of the counter too it. I had to say that a run and hide strategy is a good counter but in this case if you can get back to the further area in the map you can generally avoid getting hit. Not only that but if you have a fast rate of fire pulse or scout you can melt an enemy before they even a shot off.
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:58 pm

If you are actively playing Destiny 2, go to the following link and request an add AFTER adding yourself to one of our Destiny 2 Master Lists found in your User Control Panel: https://www.gunslingergaming.com/saloon/ucp.php
The in-game clans will be updated every three months to clean out folks who haven't played the game for quite some time. If someone has been out of the game for quite sometime and wishes to return, no worries! Simply send out a new request, and you will be added!

PLEASE NOTE: To maintain or gain a spot in the in-game clans, you must have a registered GunslingerGaming forum account & on a Destiny Master List. Remember, you will need to send a request to the in-game clan after adding yourself to the Master List. We will not be pro-actively send you invites to fair to everyone. Regarding the migration to our new site, pre-existing members are NOT required to add themselves to the new Master Lists to maintain their spots. Of course, everyone is encouraged to add themselves to the new Master Lists here so newer members can send you friend invites.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic