Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

Destiny 2

Clan communications, in-clan info, & game discussion for Destiny 2 within.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

renaldafeen
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PC

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 am

DrInsan3no wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:49 am
Feel feee to shoot me a friends request on battle net I’ll help you out with going through the story. I restored my computer so I’ll have to re download it. But it’ll be cool to play a bit
Thanks, sounds good! Is there more story after the main campaign? I've finished that on my main, but last night I ran into something that looked like another mission (maybe it was an Adventure?) near The Conflux (??) in the D. City, so...??

renaldafeen
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:32 am

Zer0Burn75 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:36 am
They needed to get this stuff in here at the beginning and they would not have had all the push back that they did.
Absolutely. However, looking at the management shakeup that occurred in late 2015/early 2016, it's pretty clear they switched gears from where they were headed, and chose to design the main D2 release around microtransactions - everything in 'vanilla' D2 supported that initially, including the XP/progression design. I'm guessing a lot (most?) of the content we're seeing in Forsaken was developed over the course of D1's life span, and then shelved in early 2016 (the alleged "reboot") when they decided to follow the MTX fad... until they learned what a silly decision that was, and have spent a year trying to undo it.
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:50 am

renaldafeen wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:25 am
DrInsan3no wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:49 am
Feel feee to shoot me a friends request on battle net I’ll help you out with going through the story. I restored my computer so I’ll have to re download it. But it’ll be cool to play a bit
Thanks, sounds good! Is there more story after the main campaign? I've finished that on my main, but last night I ran into something that looked like another mission (maybe it was an Adventure?) near The Conflux (??) in the D. City, so...??
After you finish the story missions you have adventures and other stuff that unlocks to unlock some snipers and stuff I completely forget what it’s called, but I am check once I get home from work. There’s a bunch of stuff to do though.
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
DrInsan3no
Rank 16
Rank 16
United States of America

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:54 am

I haven’t tried to new mode yet, but from what some of my buddies have been saying it pay attention to the modifiers and make sure to kill the enemies fast. They always look for the mobs with the most enmities and take advantage of chaining their supers
"The numbers Mason! What do the numbers mean, Mason?"
renaldafeen
Level 1
Level 1

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:20 am

It certainly makes The Infinitely Useless Forest useful, to a degree. Although once I have that 600 AL AR I probably won't be doing much more of it unless other folks need a hand (I'm on PC). As a solo Hunter, I've only managed to clear 2 branches max, which is okay by me, given that I just picked up the expansion last Friday and did most of that at sub-500 PL.

As a mode, the most significant change to me was the option to select Matchmaking or Firewalled. I've been using the latter to get grenade and grenade launcher kills. For the life of me I can't understand why Bungie doesn't do everything this way - kind of like The Division or Warframe, where you always have the option to "LFG" in-game, but you can easily run solo or pre-made if you prefer. Minimally, the raid, strikes and nightfall should all have this option IMHO.
Zer0Burn75
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:53 pm

I have spent a TON of time in the Haunted Forest in just the first week. I got the 600 AR on both my hunter and Warlock(worth it as it helps provide a SUBSTANTIAL bump in your PL) and honestly probably wont go back unless the Master Ives Quest takes me there on the 30th.

I feel that once we get the true Horde mode in the next part of the Annual Pass it will be more fun than this. I think this is Bungie's way of testing out this feature with this mode. I dont worry about LFG unless I need to get further than level 7, which to date I have not had to because anything past that is just gravy.
Zer0Burn75
Rank 10
Rank 10
United States of America

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 pm

There is definitely more story after the main campaign. They kinda lead you where to go and some of the story even ends in exotics!
Thrasher RP
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 am

Not to have a random post. But instead of making a new topic. ill add it here. Is the base game. Without Expansions worth the buy? Its only $16 bucks at the time.
Thrasher RP
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: XboxOne

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:26 am

Not to make a random input. But instead of making a new topic. Ill add it here. Is the base game, without expansion good? And worth the buy this lare? It is only $16 new.
PrivatePixel
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Thrasher RP wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:26 am
Not to make a random input. But instead of making a new topic. Ill add it here. Is the base game, without expansion good? And worth the buy this lare? It is only $16 new.
$16 isn't bad, but new copies of the regular edition can be had from Amazon for $10; Best Buy has also discounted it to $10 in the past couple of months (it's on "clearance" right now for $15; add tax, and it works out the same).

The base game isn't bad (decent campaign, with a play time of roughly 6-8 hours) and access to some PvE and PvP activities (I believe the Festival of the Lost event running now is available to everyone, seeing as the minimum light level for participation is 200). Is it worth $16? I think $10 for the base game sounds about right, only because what you can do and where you can visit are very limited in the base game. If you decide that you like the base game enough, you can spend $40 for the Forsaken expansion, which will also include all of the DLC from year one). I like the game enough to shell out for all of the year 1 and 2 content, but you may feel differently. You could tell yourself there's worse ways to spend $16 if it doesn't meet expectations. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic