Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

How Video Games Saved Christmas

Did you play any party video games with relatives over the holidays? Let us know!

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:52 pm

Whether you hosted Christmas for relatives or traveled to them during this Christmas season, did you break out any party video games to keep folks entertained? If so, let us know what people liked, and what didn't go over well.

For me, my examples will be entirely from the Nintendo Switch since I traveled to in-law relatives for Christmas. We played Trivial Pursuit, Awkward, and Super Mario Party. Trivial Pursuit was fun. Awkward got some laughs. Super Mario Party was too boring yet didn't make sense to the adult relatives. That said, my nephew seemed to have fun. Speaking of my nephew, I played some Fortnite and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with him.

How about you?

Crinklepouch
Trail Guide
Trail Guide
Level 6
Level 6
Discord: 4506
SMM2 ID: NG8-2N5-42G
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:03 am

Use Your Words is pretty great for some laughs, but you do need a web-enabled device to play. I bought Jackbox Party Pack 3, but I won't get to test it out until Tuesday when we have game night! Should be fun.
BDNYY23
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:30 am

I recently picked up a retro system and played that with my family on New Year's Eve. Was great letting the older generations replay some of their favorites and even better seeing my younger children finally experience games from my generation (yes I am old as I grew up with Atrari 2600, Intellivision and than Colecovision). So playing games from all of these systems made the night fly by. During the Christmas break we did break out the Wii and have been playing that more as a family lately, yesterday was bowling with the younger boys, forgot how much fun that was, luckily no remotes went flying.

Sorry I just reread your question, I know these aren't specifically party games but they made the holidays with family go by quicker ;) On a side note, we did play some Mario Party on the wii - not a big hit, was ok but think most of the group was just looking forward to the end of the game.
DrNiggle
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 6574
United States of America

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 pm

@Crinklepouch I've never played Use Your Words, sound fun :P
Korchie
Level 5
Level 5
Discord: 9370
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:30 am

We had the awkward silence at Christmas until I broke out Super Smash Bros Deluxe to play against my little bro.

Naturally, he had never played the game before and I had been practicing a lot...and he destroyed me :D !

Previously, Monopoly on Nintendo Switch saved another holiday that happened. I don't remember which one.
Roguefrenzy
Level 3
Level 3
Main Platform: PS4
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:51 am

We play sing star every New Years and our friend who hosts gets angry every time we very dunkenly beat his high scores. It’s a blast for my wife and I but probably less so for everyone else haha.
Korchie
Level 5
Level 5
Discord: 9370
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:04 am

Roguefrenzy wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:51 am
We play sing star every New Years and our friend who hosts gets angry every time we very dunkenly beat his high scores. It’s a blast for my wife and I but probably less so for everyone else haha.
Oh man . I used to love SingStar. I still have my PS2 corded mics somewhere around my apt. I know they worked with PS3, I haven't tried PS4 yet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic