Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

GR Wildlands: Weapons of choice

Ghost Mode with only 1 primary weapon

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

Glifik
Level 4
Level 4
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 6244
Denmark

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:44 am

I've had this discussion on Discord a couple of months ago, but I thought I would bring it back to life here as well.

I would like to hear, what others are using as a primary weapon in Ghost mode, and why, for inspiration and possibly debate :)

Personally, I'm torn between two weapons.

Number 1 setup:
The M14 marksman rifle (or G28) with the G28 scope, having the ability to take out targets on long range, as well as closer ones with the red dot.
The disadvantage here is the manoeuvrability when clearing out buildings and doing CQC, even when the weapon attachments are focused here.

Number 2 setup:
The M4 or 416 with a red dot + 3x magnifier (can't remember the name) and the grenade launcher. I like this setup for more DA and CQC type of missions, where the distances are short-to-medium, and having the grenade launcher for some heavy firepower.
The magnifier helps taking out enemies on further distances, but it's still somewhat of an issue taking out enemies from 300+ meters in my opinion - though it just might be me who's a bad shot :lol:
Having the grenade launcher attached does take down the manoeuvrability compared to just having a foregrip attached.

For both weapons, I mostly have the silencer equipped, until the shit hits the fan, then I go loud - until I'm able to take out most of the enemies and then go silent again, while moving away from the enemy, so I won't be making too much noise, if an enemy or two appears.

Anyone who are just using some bolt action sniper rifles, LMGs or SMGs/PDWs? What are your reasons?

gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
Main Platform: PC
Discord: 0420
United States of America

Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:54 am

M4a1(lavo-c) with acog short shift grip, and suppressor
HTI with g28 scope and suppressor
take the suppressor off the HTI and it's an anti vehicle gun, put the suppressor on it's a one shot kill on any enemies above the waist.
also if i were you i would try the acog, better optic for distance shooting but still clear enough for mid range engagements as well. and i just don't scope in when it's cqc with it. covers everything up to 300m ( though i usually cut off at 200m and switch to the HTI at that time)
Haven't messed with ghost mode much, stil working on tier 1 stuff, made it to tier 24 almost to tier 23 once i hit tier one i will check out ghost mode
Glifik
Level 4
Level 4
Denmark

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:17 am

gobi42 wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:54 am
M4a1(lavo-c) with acog short shift grip, and suppressor
HTI with g28 scope and suppressor
take the suppressor off the HTI and it's an anti vehicle gun, put the suppressor on it's a one shot kill on any enemies above the waist.
also if i were you i would try the acog, better optic for distance shooting but still clear enough for mid range engagements as well. and i just don't scope in when it's cqc with it. covers everything up to 300m ( though i usually cut off at 200m and switch to the HTI at that time)
Haven't messed with ghost mode much, stil working on tier 1 stuff, made it to tier 24 almost to tier 23 once i hit tier one i will check out ghost mode
I'll definitely check out the ACOG on the M14. It might be a better solution to the G28.
I get what you say about the HTI, but with only one weapon in Ghost Mode, where you can only change primary weapons at the weapons crates, I just don't think a bolt-action rifle will work for the way I play :lol:

I often scope in at CQC, at least until I get the laser for the attachment - playing without crosshairs, it's difficult to know, where the weapon is actually firing at :lol:

I'm also looking at the G36c, but that's mainly because that was one of my favourite weapons, when I first started gaming COD4 MW on PlayStation
GrouchyGran
Level 5
Level 5
Main Platform: XboxOne
United States of America

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:22 am

MK17, MSR and HTI for me but not in Ghost Mode. I stopped playing Wildlands before Ghost Mode was released but I did get to Tier 1. :D
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:59 pm

i forgot that fyou don't have two primary weapons in Ghost mode
Glifik
Level 4
Level 4
Denmark

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:39 am

gobi42 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:59 pm
i forgot that fyou don't have two primary weapons in Ghost mode
Exactly - just making it a bit more challenging - I also have to remember not to reload after 1-3 shots, after I've killed an enemy, because the rest of the ammo in that magazine will be lost :lol:
DrNiggle
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 6574
United States of America

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Exploding drones.
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:52 pm

hey @Glifik did you get the new optical camo? You have to do the silent spade mission. Kozak makes an appearance. The mission is kinda of a pain in the ass, but totally worth it. Since i got it i think i might give ghost mode a shot and see how it goes. And yes it's as badass as it was in GRFS :twisted:
gobi42
Site Admin
Site Admin
Rank 11
Rank 11
United States of America

Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:11 am

So tried ghost mode the other day, was going great till i had to halo jump for the Slient spade mission, and tanked the landing lol, good thing it was the first mission i did, so i didn't get to invested in the save
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic