Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

[General] Far Cry 6 Discussion Topic ~ All Platforms

Give your thoughts or ask your questions regarding Far Cry 6 here.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:56 pm

farcry6banner.jpg
Who here is playing Far Cry 6?

Believe it or not, I have NEVER played a Far Cry game, & I am tempted to give it a go via my Stadia account. What are your first impressions? Liking it?

Here is some initial Gunslinger information about the game: Launch Trailer:

The Far Cry 6 Clan for Adults.
The Far Cry 6 Clan for Older Gamers.
The Far Cry 6 Clan for Parents.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

v996149
Level 1
Level 1
Main Platform: PS4
Discord: 3830
Australia

Games

Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:29 pm

I'm liking it for the most part. It's a solid game, a great world and it's got a couple of nice new mechanics. It's got the same feel as 3 and 4, but they've kept the openness of 5.

I like the different enemies need different bullets thing, the Supremo mechanic is interesting, the vehicles are good and the no harm no foul attitude of the enemies is a nice change.

I'm missing the RPG lite/ skill tree/ unlock the feat mechanic. Tying all that stuff to gear doesn't work for me.

I love, love LOVE what they've done with the accessibility stuff though and I really don't think they're getting enough credit for that. Colour blindness options, audible menus, highlighting things, motion and strobe options and so much more.

I'd kinda like to try the multiplayer experience, and I'm looking forward to the villain stuff.
acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:03 pm

The only other FC game I've played is 3. This feels alot like that, only bigger and newer (obviously lol). I've been enjoying it in short bursts. It does feel like it gets a bit repetitive after playing for an hour or so however.

Beautiful looking game also. Big bonus on that.
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic