Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

[General] The Game You Love But Never Beat?

Sharing the secret shames.

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:23 pm

What's a game that, in your (yet unpublished) book, you consider an absolute classic that you must confess to never beating?

For me, it is the original Legend of Zelda on the NES. Yep. Never beat it. Granted, I have had numerous save files for the game (press & hold the Reset button while turning off the console), and I have picked up digital copies of it on Nintendo system since, but I have never actually played the game in its entirety. Not sure why. I mean, it isn't like I was ever stuck at a certain puzzle in the game and just raged quit. I've had ample opportunity. I DO think the game is paramount classic that has influenced generations of game development. I just never finished.

How about you?
loznes.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Babyboythegod
Level 6
Level 6
Main Platform: XboxOne
Discord: 0743

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:32 pm

🤔. It took me years of restarting to finally finish dragon age origins even though it's one of my most loved games. Witcher 3 also took me far longer even though it's one of my favorites.

As for never finished, I don't think I ever finished morrowind even though I spent loads of hours and love it.
Why be a king - when you can be a god
coolhandlewke
Rank 10
Rank 10
Main Platform: PS4

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:56 pm

sadly its Skyrim. love the game, but never got to the finish line. i even repurchased it when it was released on the One. this time i had the best intentions, but glitches and freezes made me put it down again. i will still line up to buy the next installment on release day.
McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:58 pm

coolhandlewke wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:56 pm
sadly its Skyrim. love the game, but never got to the finish line. i even repurchased it when it was released on the One. this time i had the best intentions, but glitches and freezes made me put it down again. i will still line up to buy the next installment on release day.
I hear you on the Skyrim selection. I originally played it on the PS3, & got discouraged with its (then) issue with crashing after trying to load games beyond the half way mark. Even though I got it also on the Xbox360, I never got back into it, leaving it unfinished...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic