Welcome to the reboot of GunslingerGaming's community! New & returning members will need to register an account to gain access to the new site. Be sure to add yourself to game Master Lists via your User Control Panel, write an Introduction, & send out those friend invites to each other!

What Are You Currently Reading?

Let us know what books you are currently reading. Reply as often as you like!

Moderators: GS Advisor, Founder, Trail Guides

McMurphy
Founder
Founder
Rank 13
Rank 13
Main Platform: Switch
Discord: 3674
SMM2 ID: LPB-TX4-TYG
United States of America

Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:05 pm

As the title suggestions, what is everyone currently reading? I KNOW there are bookworms among us, so please share because, I for one, am always looking for more ideas in regards to what to read next.

Myself, I just finished reading Unspeakable Things by Jess Lourey. It was featured in Amazon's First program for January 2020, and, since the author is from Minnesota (where I grew up), and the story is based there, I gave it a go. Normally, she writes light-hearted mystery novels, but this book was more serious in tone and subject matter. The narrative persona felt sincere.

Via my local library, I just dived into Needful Things by Stephen King. It is one of those books that I have skipped in the pastbecause I had already seen the movie adaption a few times, but I was in a King mood.

How about the rest of you?

acetiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10
Discord: 1656
SMM2 ID: OK1-9W0-GHF

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:56 pm

A great topic to start @McMurphy

I am currently halfway through reading The rise and fall of the Dinosaurs: A new history of a lost world by Stephen L. Brusatte.

If there are any Dinosaur or Paleo enthusiasts out there, this is a must read.
Feel free to add me on the following platforms:
Switch: SW-5580-5753-0614
Xbox: acetiepilot
Steam: Friend code - 39751675
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC), Cruisin' Blast (SWITCH), Fifa 22 (XB 1)
Rapidkirby3k
Level 4
Level 4
Discord: 0875

Gunslinger Badges

Games

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Currently reading the 'How to Think When You Draw' series by the Etherington Brothers.

What do you mean it's now a book, you ask? I managed to get the hardcovers through their Kickstarter, and I'm eventually going to receive its third volume pretty soon! I also have 'How to Think When You Write' as well. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic